V2018.2 Release for Community

Thanks @jdbson. Can you please give us more details on the problem you experienced? What were you doing when you got the error?

I seem to be getting the error intermittently during various actions. When I first try to browse to platform.uipath I get an “Unexpected Error Occurred” message with a link to go to the login page.

The login seems to work once I get to the login page, but then on the landing page after the login, the dashboard, I get a modal popup that says, “Sorry, an error occurred and the page will reload.” I click “OK” and sometimes it works, other times I just get a blank screen. When it works, then a few seconds later I get the “Sorry, an error occurred and the page will reload.” message again.

Once I get passed the dashboard, when browsing through Robots, Environments, Processes, Jobs, Queues, etc. I intermittently get a generic error:

Clicking the button on this message box sometimes reloads the page and displaying properly, other times I get a Server Error Page:

Sometimes, I get a page with the following:

All of this seems to happen randomly with no consistency. Not sure if any of this helps, but I hope so. Also, I have tried Chrome and IE and get the same results.

Thanks!

This may be unrelated, but I also noticed that sometime I would go to Robots and there would be no data there, then I switch to Environments and switch back, the data would appear. After that, I would go back to Environments there would be no data there. Switching back and forth between robots and environments, data would be present one time then gone the next. After about a minute of this, I would get the “Sorry, an error occurred and the page will reload.” modal popup again.

Hi Jason,

We are investigating this. Which browser are you using?

So many exciting new features! Any target date for the release of the enterprise version?

Hi Tim,

For now there is no exact date, but it shouldn’t take that long, a few weeks tops (it may be sooner).

Hi Ovi, I tried Chrome first, but then switched to IE and experienced the same result.

Hi Ovi, just now I went into platform.uipath and the issues seem to be cleared up. I cannot reproduce the behavior I was seeing yesterday.

Thanks,
Jason

1 Like

@jdbson Thank you for your great input! We had some problems with the deployment initially. Please let us know if you experience any other issues.

1 Like

Hi @ovi
Japanese UI was Announced at UiPath Forward 2018 Tokyo.
But it seems v2018.2 does not support Japanse UI yet.
Japanese UI will be released at next minor update?
UiPath_JP

Got an issue running robot AppData\Local\UiPath\app-18.2.0\UiRobot.exe
The issue (a huge schema error log to cmd line and robot not executing) was related with Word Activity UIPath.Word.Activities.DocumentReadText. Solved by: Stop studio, deleting AppData\Local\UiPath.cache, start studio, try to run you .xaml file on UiRobot.exe again.

Also got some compilation problems using the following condition on if conditions: robot_log_temps.IsNullOrEmpty, had to be changed to String.IsNullOrEmpty(robot_logs_temp)

Besides that, great job on this release
Cheers

2 Likes

Hi @tango

You’re right, the Japanese version of Studio is planned to be out in the next minor release, 2018.3.

2 Likes

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for letting us know, we are investigating this. I will let you know about it.

Thanks. This is a breaking change.

18.2.1 Update - June 4th 2018
18.2.1 was released in Community. This patch update brings some minor fixes to 18.2.0.
Studio and Robot will update automatically and Orchestrator Community 2018.2.1 is already up and running. Release notes for 18.2 were updated (or are in the process of being updated) to include the fixes for 18.2.1 as well.

1 Like

Hi,

Got a question about debugging mode. In the release notes, it mentions that “Debugging rights are now available for all types of Robots”.
From my understanding, in order to use the debug mode, it will require a Studio license and a development bot. So, how should we understand the “debugging rights” here?

Thanks,
Tim

Hi @Tim

This means that when connected to Orchestrator, the Local Robot (the Robot on the Studio machine) doesn’t have to be provisioned as Development Robot in order for Debugging in Studio to work.

In 2018.1 version this was the rule (Development Robot in 2018.1) but we have seen that many of you had struggles with this and now, in 2018.2 version, Debugging in Studio works for every Robot type.

Let me know if you still have questions regarding this matter.

Thanks,
Viorela

Thank you, Ovi!

If you don’t mind, I got a few more questions regarding the concurrent license.

For attended robot, does the user have to exit the UiPath robot tray in order to release the license consumption?

What about studio, how does it check the release of the concurrent license?

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Csv read activity crashed after upgrading to 18.2.3 version