Usual Orchestrator errors (FAQ) - Troubleshooting

When one user robot is connected to orchestrator then for 2nd user robot gets error “No robot available for that user”. No jobs scheduled in orchestrator for the 1st user.
If we remove orchestrator configuration settings from 1st user then it works.
Any idea?

Both users should have a robot associated in Orchestrator. If you have only one robot associated in Orchestrator for the 2nd robot you will get the error “No robot available for that user”. Also keep in mind that if you use a workstation for your robots, only one robot can run.

2 Likes

If you get one of the following errors when trying to connect the robot to Orchestrator
- “Bad request”
- “the remote host did not answer in a timely manner”
Please check if there is a proxy server specified in the “LAN settings” of the robot. If yes, try the following:
1. In C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath Studio\UiRobot.exe.config, add the following section, at the end of the section (in this section, but at the end of it):

.... <system.net> <defaultProxy> <proxy usesystemdefault="true" proxyaddress="http://proxy_server:proxy_port" bypassonlocal="true" /> </defaultProxy> </system.net> </configuration>

2. In C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\NuGet\NuGet.config (create this file if it doesn’t exist), add the following section, in the <configuration> node:

<configuration>

<config>
<add key=“http_proxy” value=“http://proxy_server:proxy_port” />
</config>
</configuration>

Don’t forget to restart the UiRobotSvc service after the changes are made.

Notes:
1. The above only covers the un-authenticated proxy scenario.
2. Regarding Studio, publishing works ok given the proxy is correctly configured in Internet Options

1 Like

Can you assist me with the below error message. I get this when I start the job from the orchestrator.

More Info : I just upgraded the Orchestrator from 2016.1 to 2016.2. I;m able to run the studio and see the logs in the Orchestrator.

I have added my windows credentials(double checked) while registering the robot.The robot machine has an active studio license.

{"message":"NotificationProcessor : failed to start job 88c3606b-24da-47d5-a53d-d2ed448c633c, process cmdArgs_Development, error System.Exception: Permission missing: Remote Execution\r\n at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.NotificationProcessor.<HandleStartMessage>d__10.MoveNext()","level":"Error","timeStamp":"2017-06-16T08:53:32.0103403-04:00"}

Update : This looks to have been resolved. I was using the High density robots and few days back I have changed the license config file to point to %localappdata% instead of %ProgramData% and it was causing the issue. I reverted back to the ProgramData and it seems to be working now.

1 Like

Hi,
What is the solution for the below:-
"The requested resource is in use

Usually appears when you use High-Density Robots (server machine with multiple users) and you have the logintoconsole parameter set to true in the UiPath.settings file."

I received “…resource is in use…” the other day as well and have no idea why we are getting this. UiPath.settings has logintoconsole set to false and RDP licensing is active and tested with multiple logon sessions.

I ran one of our jobs received error, then ran a test job and was successful… ran our main job again right after and received error. Job ran perfectly fine this morning :man_shrugging:

It has been pretty random for our environment or so it seems. I’m wondering if it’s how our workflow modules are being called or that shared modules can only be used one at a time. I don’t know!

Thanks.

I tried running it from within Studio to atleast do some testing and got same error. There is one process running on another account on the server and the Interactive has something to do with it. I have confirmed that more than 2 users can log in at same time.

try this

1 Like

In my case, I have figured out that it’s not random. I have also verified logontoconsole is false and that more than 2 users can log in. It only happens when a process is running that uses Launch Workflow Interactive and you try to run another process that uses Launch Workflow Interactive at the same time on another user id. Any process not using that activity to kick off a process runs fine with no issues.

So, it’s only happening with Launch Workflow Interactive when a process using that activity is currently running.

Any ideas what would cause this or if this might be a flaw with UiPath?

I can try further steps to resolve this when I get back into the office on Tuesday. I will also test this error on another server.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi,

From what I remember this error usually occurs when you have a console session open with another user than the one provision as robot in Orchestrator. This include either another Uipath robot or an RDP session.

Do you have any Remote desktop/VMware (like Horizon) session open on the machine when this occurs?

You also mention that logIntoConsole is set to false. Does that both include UiPath settings and Launch interactive workflow checkbox?

Cheers

It was occurring when a process using Launch Interactive was running (unattended) when I try to run another process that uses it, so it was only letting us run one process that uses it at one time.

I have verified that “LoginToConsole” is checked. Are you saying that we should uncheck that option? I can try that when I get a chance.

Thanks.

I believe you should uncheck it, RDP console session are limited to one as far as i know, if a second interactive workflow with different user is attempting to connect with console, i would say i would make sense that it fail.

To be honest, I would not know if setting it unchecked would be enough, potentially even two interactive session could be problematic.

Let us know if you have the occasion to test.
If still not working i would also try two non interactive session, if still not there would certainly be something wrong with the HDR setup

Good luck

Cheers

2 Likes

I have tested this with Launch Interactive and LogonToConsole unchecked, which resolved the “resource is in use” error that I was getting.

Thanks @Florent_Salendres for the idea

1 Like

my flow is developed in my VM after installing that bot in Orchestrator successfully,while running that process as a job in orchestrator it throws exception like,
Execution error : System.Exception: The volume does not contain a recognized file system.\r\nPlease make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted anyone please give solution…?

And after run that job my VM get closed why…?

Hello,

As I have described at this topic (Advanced Training(Academy 2) - Assignment 1 - Orchestrator exception - #2 by dntakoulas) I have the robot in my machine connected and running, but I still get a System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied

It happens every single time and it looks that the robot cannot add items to the queue. Any tips?

Br,
Dimitrios

Hi Ovidiu. How can I connect the robot to the orchestrator if the PC is behind a authenticated proxy. I’ve done all the things above and from the this guide: Redirecting Robots through a Proxy Server
but I still can’t connect. I’m getting a “502 Bad Gateway” error. I’m really struggling with this problem. Also, my robot needs to send a HTTP Request, but is also not getting the authentication right.

Thanks.

Hi Andrei,

I’m getting the below error when trying to create a process.

We faced issue with login into enterprise Orchestrator. It allows only 1 simultaneously login at the same time. I.e. only 1 member of team can web access to orchestrator, so we have to enter in turn to do something in it. What should we check (company group policies or iis settings mb) to fix this behaviour? We using AD users. And also when logged in Error generic #100 and sometimes #199 is poped out.