Using of screenshot

Is it a good practice to use the TakeScreenShot in everyworkflow wherever it seems to be error occur. I want to know in the perspective of real time only. @Palaniyappan

2 Likes

Yes of course @balkishan

The reason is it would be very helpful when we want to know what caused the error and where the process got stuck and didn’t get proceeded
Moreover the user that means the client of use can be intimated with a mail of that screenshot so that they could either understand that the process got bottled only because of this error
So taking screenshots with that activity would be very helpful when it is placed in catch block of try catch activity

Hope this would help you
Cheers @balkishan

2 Likes

so If I want to mail the recent screenshot then how do I do this bro?
As I know in the screenshot folder there are many screenshot right?
So I want to attach the recent screenshot only so can you please tell me how do I this?

2 Likes

Fine Take screenshot activity gives us a output variable of type image @balkishan
Then we can use save image activity where pass the above obtained image variable as input and mention the file path where we want to save
But how we save that matters here
—before save image activity use a assign activity like this
Out_filepath = “yourfolderpath\Filename”+Now.ToString(“hh_mm”)+”.png”
Where out_filepath is a variable of type string
—while mentioning the file path to save we need to mention The above variable name as input
— and while send email with send outlook mail activity in the attach file mention the same above variable out_filepath as value in it

That’s all buddy you can send the file that we want to
Hope this would help you
Cheers @balkishan

2 Likes

Okay I will try bro

2 Likes

Any issues still buddy @balkishan

2 Likes

Bro, Now I will try this and let you know bro :slight_smile:

2 Likes

But where exactly we have to use this Workflow, inside the Catch Block or Any?

2 Likes

Yes buddy include the take screenshot activity in catch so that it will take the wagon of where it got stuck
Cheers @balkishan

2 Likes

Okay bro. I am doing that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fantastic

2 Likes

I did that Now I have to check wheather it’s taking the screenshot or not. So will it capture the Excel Issue as I discussed in the earlier post bro. Like Same column name existing in the excel. So how do I test it wheather it’s taking the screenshot or not. @Palaniyappan

1 Like

Bro it took the screenshot and send by email, but it didn’t save in a folder as the folder is empty. But in the Result screen it’s showing it’s saved in…image

Folder is empty.

1 Like

Issue is resolved @Palaniyappan Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fantastic
Cheers @balkishan

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.