Using Excel to create Employee #'s

I have no programming skills so I’m sure there is a simple command to do this, so that’s why I will ask here…

I have a script where I receive an email asking for a new employee #…it saves the attachement, then copies the data and pastes it into my employee # worksheet (using Append Range) …all good…(using 4 columns)…now I want to add the employee numbers in the 5th column, all going up by 1 #…I’m sure there is something that I can do to tell that column to add 1, just not sure what…I did have a list of #'s in that row, but then Append would not work right.

After this I am able to copy that data, then email it out…again all working, just this 1 line I’m not sure of…or if someone has an example to attach and view, great!

So, you have to increment the last employee number and then append that to the data that you then write to your Excel workbook, is that correct?

Try this (see image) to generate the next employee number and then include it in the data that you are writing out…

Great…that did work…thanks…

Now the next part is to add it to the next line of my spreadsheet…this will be column E…I tried to tell it to go to the next line, but I not sure how to add a “next cell” in a row…see below: