Using an Anchor

I keep getting an error message that " The selected control doesn’t have a reliable selector" It suggests I use an Anchor. What does this mean?

Hey @Nkululeko_Mindu_ZA

Please go through with this link to understand Anchor Activity.

please see an example here

Regards…!!

1 Like

Hi! I’m taking the RPA Academy Foundation training, there is an exercise where you use the record option to create a robot that type in the notepad. In the training video is only choosen the “format” option and UiPath recognize it, but when I try to do the same I receive the message: " The selected control doesn’t have a reliable selector". And also tells me to use an anchor. But when I run the robot it never find the “Format” tab and doesn’t click on it. Any help or explication will be very helpful. Regards.

I am getting a similar error too. Any help on this ? or were you able to find a solution @padras ? This is a problem even while trying to automate or work on browser which is very surprising

Hi,
Did you solve this problem? I start my course and I had the same situation.

regards,

Guilherme

This means that element you are trying to get does not have a reliable selector, you need to change the selector or use an anchor which relatively finds the element. Where are you facing the issue?

I was doing an exercise in academy and the problem occurs in notepad. When I click in “format”, UiPath show me this pop-up…

tks for while,
Guilherme

Yes it happens you can try one more thing, you can edit selector yourself or use UI explorer to create your own customized selector by selector or removing attributes

I’m also having this issue. Any official solutions?

Hi,
I tried again and choose “Not” to use an “Anchor”, and this time, script work well.
I restart my computer too.

for while is this…

Guilherme

1 Like