User Interface Automation with StudioX - The RPA Challenge

It was a good exercise. I was able to complete the exercise with a little mistake. Forgot to add the phone number to the loop. Other than that it was not too bad. The For Each row had me a little confused at first but eventually figured it out.

It seems that the order of the Type into inside the loop would impact the success. Tried with the order First Name/Last Name/Phone Number .etc… the result was only 94% (6 fields left out). Retried with the Phone Number/First Name/Last name (exactly following the provided example) it was 100%. Not sure why??

Loved the exercise but got stuck on the ‘Click Submit’ until I ended up replacing that action with the Keyboard Shortcut - Enter. Worked a charm after that.

This was quite a good exercise

I was able to finish exercises in 1st try, only problem had was when the submit button is not visible, AI would stop there, but everything else was great.

I was able to solve it 100% on both Repeat Action 10 Times and For Each Excel Row actions.
We just simply match the excel data correctly the the box which anchor properly.
This challenge wants to show that when you anchor the box correctly, no mater how the for change the shape, the data will always transfer the the right place when we anchor the boxes correlty.

Hi all, this is a great practice to test the understanding of correct anchoring. I was able to complete it using Anchor to the Image of the “Submit button”.

Hi: I did all; my robo does the activities and change the names and all; but I was not able to anchor the “start” button and neither the “submit” button; so process runs but do not change the rounds =(

I solved RPA Challenge easily, however, I all the time I got up to 70% success rate. I needed to change FirstName for LastName, even it was programmed correctly and same is in the solution. Then I got 100% success rate.

100%! That was pretty neat I have to admit. Took a while to figure it out but once I did it was great watching my working being completed for me ha.

Repeat Number of Times taking only the first row data and repeating it for 10 times on the application. But For Each Row function took all the 10 rows in a excel file and executed successfully.
Do I need to modify anything to have the different data set considered using Repeat Number of Times functions in Modified challenge?

I ran my solution twice and the results always showed 11% success rate. Yet my solution matched the solution provided for the Modified version. Discouraging.

I was able to work on the challenge except for the loop.

This is much simpler than expected. Just remember how UiPath works - that is the way UiPath goes under the covers to guarantee a data entry field is the proper data entry field. It will use the label next to the entry field. It does show the power of the application. Very nice. Means that the robot will be adaptable to small changes in an application - like moving a data entry field somewhere else on the form.

I bet the fact that I cannot find an anchor for the ‘Submit’ button will be my downfall in the next exercise.

The lesson does not cover using the ‘For Each Excel Row’ to loop through a set of data in a spreadsheet. I did figure it out and got it to work but I can understand why people would be confused or discouraged by this challenge if you don’t cover the content needed to do it.

It is clear automation scenario for who wants to know more about UiPath StudioX capabilities.

I noticed that, too: that there wasn’t really anything to do. I went ahead and used F3 to use image selection to anchor the submit button, but otherwise each UI element had an anchor selected automatically.

:crown: EZ

1 Like

Yeah, even I could do it easily…

Hello in addition to the Excel for each row when adding the type into you must select Current Row in order to have a counter go down the spreadsheet for each line.

1 Like