User Interface Automation with StudioX - Generate a Strong Password

Very nifty tool

Very good practice!
I have added several details, such as capturing clicks on the Notepad Menu bar to choose File/Save, then taking the file name data by asking the user dynamically and saving it in the selected directory. Finally to close Notepad.
Kind regards!

It should be further practiced, to get more experience with the recording option

I was able to generate the same steps as the solution using the recorder in multiple stages. This will be practical for future automations, but it would have been nice to include how to save the .txt file to a specific location to make the task fully functional.

I opened the App before recording. and worked fine when running even if he app wasn’t open.

the notepad thing is bit tricky I need to repeat the step few time. Ddnot work based on the instructions.
not sure ho to open the Solution File . I am getting below error.
Open Document Error: UiPath.Studio.Contracts.RecoverableException —> UiPath.Studio.Contracts.RecoverableException: The project ‘C:\Users\xbbklkm\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_Solution - Generate a Strong Password - StudioX Project.zip\project.json’ could not be opened: Project is incompatible with StudioX profile. You can open it in Studio and fix the errors.
Missing namespaces: clr-namespace:UiPath.Activities.System.Binding;assembly=UiPath.System.Activities, clr-namespace:UiPath.Excel;assembly=UiPath.Excel.Activities

at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.PersistableServiceBase3.<OnOpenAsync>d__19.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at UiPath.Studio.Core.CommonServices.ProjectServiceBase.<OnOpenAsync>d__52.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at UiPath.Studio.Core.CommonServices.ProjectServiceBase.<OnOpenAsync>d__52.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.PersistableServiceBase3.d__10.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Studio.Core.CommonServices.OpenCloseCommandsService.d__27.MoveNext()
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Studio.Core.CommonServices.OpenCloseCommandsService.d__27.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Studio.Core.CommonServices.OpenCloseCommandsService.d__20.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ShellApplication.StudioShellApplication.d__18.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ShellApplication.StudioShellApplication.<>c__DisplayClass17_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.b__6_0(Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler), HResult -2146233088

Capture
How come the ‘Change Application’ button not showing?

1 Like

It’s because they have updated the application, changing the functionality of it in a fundamental way, and have failed to update the training to match.

In my experience, they are not very good at keeping the training current. The benefit of this is that you have to figure out how to do the lesson yourself using google and stack exchange, which is great because you will be better prepared to adapt to their ever-changing landscape.

1 Like

Thanks very much for your feedback Christopher! I guess that is part of the learning :slight_smile:

Easy enough

I’m able to follow the tutorial. However, I’m now stranded at the “Generate a Strong Password” exercise. I have issue with installation of UiPath Extension. Unable to proceed with UI automation from web browser.

Fetching reports from web based portals, copy and move files between folders on Google Drives, reading rows of numbers from Google Sheet and entering the values into a web based finance portal.