User Interface Automation with StudioX - Generate a Strong Password

Works perfectly !

2 Likes

I am getting an error message “Robot does not exist” when click on run. I’ve double-checked my automation against the solution and its exactly the same. Has anyone else had this problem?

Never mind, I got it to work.

How to clear the NotePad on each run? If the NotePad is open and has the previous data then its appending the data.

I had notepad open before I began, then used alt+tab to switch to notepad and was able to select it!

3 Likes

I have paused the recording and open manually notepad but unfortunately the recorder cannot detect notepad and they said you have to switch in the recorder but this does not allowed me to do so. even though i found it in different way.
it turns out that i have to open another (use application) and this detect notepad then it all went well.

1 Like

You can just click on properties and there´s an closing option

Check the picture :slight_smile:

Hope this helps

1 Like

You need to also tab off the field so it registers the updated value.

Anyone faced confusing step like you want to change an application to Notepad. No need to pause or anything else. Just open both of applications together and click change application in the recorder. It is the easiest way:

CAN ANYONE SUGGEST ME HOW TO ENABLE SWITCH APP SETTING…

Try
CTRL-A DEL CTRL-V
to select all and delete before paste

I do not see the button to change app in the App/Web Recorder while recording.
Have I got a different version of uiPath than shown in the tutorials?
I installed on 19 Feb 2021

2 Likes

Yes, apparenttly UIPATH works with other applications, but these must be open before, so , we have to take account

Hi Were you able to figure your issue? I don’t see any option for that as I have 20.10.9 version. Wish they had updated the solution.

I had two issues, (1) I didn’t have the button to switch applications so I paused the recorder then opened up the notepad and starting recording again. (2) When I click the copy to clipboard button, it does not copy to my clipboard so the Ctrl+V doesn’t work. I tried to select the value and copy but I couldn’t get the application to recognize the target, even when using an anchor. Any ideas on a workaround when it doesn’t copy to clipboard?

1 Like

Hi I have the same problem i do not see the button to change but managed it by saving the file

This is exactly what I did. I didn’t think to click the search bar and type notepad to open. I wonder which was the correct method.

I enjoy these quick-hit successes to reinforce the learning. I did have to check the solution to realize I needed the keyboard shortcut rather than a paste command I couldn’t find. :wink:

Watch out for Use Application Ambiguity

I typically use notepad daily but forgot it was open during this exercise. As a result there were some errors after the copy step. After closing all the notebook windows the robot ran without any issues. If you have multiple windows open that share the same name, i.e. multiple unnamed Notepad documents for example, there will likely be issues.

In my work area there are several tasks where files are downloaded from the web and also recorded in an application called JBA or S400 that I think could be automated at least for the most part.