Use variable in "Account" for Mail Automation

Hello,

I’m building a process that will be deployed on multiple computers. At the end of the process, it will send an email out. However, to send the email out, we require the account as an input. For example, fake@email.com. Is there any way to retrieve the persons email? This would be the person activating the bot. I don’t want them to have to enter it every time in an input dialog box.

Let me know

1 Like

Hi @Asanka

Why dont you try to put all the necessary emails that you want in config , and every time the bot will run your input dialog will get the necessary emails in your config !

cheers :smiley:

Happy learning :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey,

I wish that would work. However, it will be deployed among many people and the users will change frequently.

There must be a way to pull the outlook email without having to open outlook. The bot will be deployed on independent computers so there must be a way to pull the outlook profile

1 Like

@Asanka
I guess the best approach is to put the necessary email account in config.
If it is dynamically change. make it procedural for the robot to run smoothly.

Maybe if you realy want to get the email account for that pc.

1.Automate the outlook to get the email account and save it to orchestrator or config if you want.

cheers :smiley:

Happy learning :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah is there any other way that does not use the config. The email must be somewhere in the control panel?

1 Like

@Asanka

Here, Account field is optional. If you don’t specify account email id then it will take default email id configured in outlook application in that machine.

Else create one BOT account and then use SMTP mail to send mails. Then it will be constant for all systems.

2 Likes

Oh I didn’t realize it was optional. Great. Always there to help me man! @lakshman

1 Like

@Asanka

Glad to help you. Happy automation :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.