Use linq to get different values between two tables

Hi,

Could someone help me to get all different values from dt1 to dt2. I need to check if data in column “id” from dt1 isn’t in column “id” from dt2, and put these values in a datatable.

There are a lot of rows, and that’s why I want to use linq. I am using vb.

Thanks!

@Angel_Llull

1. First read both the tables from Excel file and let’s say dtInput1 and dtInput2.

2. And then try below query.

dtOutput = dtInput1.AsEnumerable().Except(dtinput2.AsEnumerable(),System.Data.DataRowComparer.Default).CopyToDataTable
1 Like

Isitabout the id values only you Wang to calculate or are you Interesses in entire rows from one of the datatable?

Sorry, i didn’t explain that there are more columns, and dt1 contains 10 columns, and dt2 contains 2 columns. If I do this it gets me all rows…

Hello @ppr,

If id in dt1 is not in id in dt2, put all values from that row from dt1 in a new datatable. So I will get a datatable with the info that it is in dt1, but it is not in dt2

@Angel_Llull

If Id is not match from dt1 table to dt2 table then do you want all rows from dt1 table only or dt2 table also ?

Hi @lakshman,

I just one dt1 rows :slight_smile:

@Angel_Llull

Try below expression.

dtOutput = ( From row1 in dtInput1
Join row2 in dtInput2
On Not row1("Id").ToString.Trim.Equals(row2("Id").ToString.Trim)
Select dtOutput.Rows.Add({row1("Id"),row1("Column2"),...,row1("Column10")})
).CopyToDataTable

thanks for the fast reply!

But it is giving me this error:

“equals expected” at the end of the message

(From d1 In dt1.AsEnumerable
Where Not dt2.AsEnumerable.Any(Function (x) x(“ID”).toString.Trim.Equals(d1(“ID”).toString.Trim))
Select r=d1).CopyToDataTable

Many thanks @ppr, it is working :slight_smile:

In case there are no rows. It would give me an error. How can i modify the linq query so in case it is empty it doesnt throw an error?

Thanks!

[FirstAid] Handling of The source contains no DataRows exception - News / Tutorials - UiPath Community Forum

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.