Our analysis has revealed two problems:
- A certain Windows API that we are using is failing. This API is necessary for the visual selection. The reason for failure is very generic and so far we could not pinpoint a specific cause for it. The official Microsoft documentation does not say anything useful about it. Possible reasons are:
- An antivirus or anti-spyware which is restricting apps from calling certain Win32 API-s.
- The user has restricted rights. Can you try with an Administrator account, just for checking?
- A slow system for various reasons: either there is another problem loading the processor, or there is very little RAM available. Is the system a physical or a virtual machine?
- The failing Windows API indirectly produces a crash in our Driver component. This is a bug on our side and it has been fixed. However, this does not fix the failure of the Windows API, so the visual selection will still not work on your system due to the strange software configuration.
Can you please try to Indicate an element using the visual selection from UiExplorer? If the selection works, do the special hotkeys work during the selection process? For example, does pressing F2 delay selection, or does pressing Escape stop the visual selection procedure?