Use third-party credential store vault in UiPath Orchestrator
Please follow the steps below to configure 3rd party credential store:
1. Navigate to the \Orchestrator\Plugins folder in your Orchestrator installation directory.
2. Save the .dll files of third party plugin in the above-mentioned folder.
3. Orchestrator UiPath.Orchestrator.dll.config must be updated with the following Key:
Replace the <third-party-plugin> with actual dll name in the \Orchestrator\Plugins folder
<add key="Plugins.SecureStores" value="UiPath.Orchestrator.<third-party-plugin>.dll"/>
4. Restart your Orchestrator instance from IIS and check the logs to confirm that the plugin was loaded successfully.
5. Your new credential store should now be available when creating a new credential store.
You can check the link here on how to create a new credential store.
Below are the steps to create the client ID, client Secret & key redirect URI in the Azure portal and to connect with the orchestrator:
Creating Key Vault Go to Portal.azure.com homepage.
- Search Key Vault in the search box;
- Create a key vault by entering all the details and the subscription type;
- Goto your created new key Vault and copy the vault URI that will be your key Vault URI in The Orchestrator.
- App Registrations open Portal.azure.com homepage again in a new browser and navigate to “app registrations”.
- Enter the name of your app. Ex:-orchApp;
- Create the app;
- Open the created app and copy the Client ID or Application ID that will be the Client Id in Orchestrator;
- Goto Certificates & secrets in Manage section and create a new client secret;
- Copy the value of the new client secret that will be the client secret of The Orchestrator.
- Go back to your key vault > Navigate to access policies under settings > Add access policy > For configure from template dropdown select key, secret & certificate management >Select "principal" click on none selected and search the app registration name and then add it to the policy.
- After the above step make sure you save the policy
After the creation of the user, check under the KV/ Secrets and you shall see that the password has been automatically created.