Url string editing

It might be easier if you upload part of your workflow. I may have misunderstood your last issue.

i still have to add a loop and flow decision to exit

Ok. You can place a Decision after the Message Box, then draw the line back to the start so it loops.

Let us know if you are still having problems.

Regards.

Capture

idx is not getting incremented width remains the same only the height is correct, Is it because of the assign in three stage can u covert this to only one assignā€¦

and send a invite in linkedin

Give me a minute. Iā€™ll upload workflow with this solution to hopefully help you out better.

1 Like

aniesh.xaml (23.3 KB)

Hey. Here are the two solutions. The one using Regex and you might also look at Solution 2 which was @andrzej.kniola suggestion using String.Format()

the reason it wasnā€™t working was because you were assigning the Replacement to the orginal url so you were losing the idx replacementā€¦ if that makes sense. The fix was to use your variable in the 2nd and 3rd Assign activities rather than the url variable, so you keep the previous replacement.

Hope that makes sense.
My variable names might be a little different.

Regards.

1 Like

there is an error in ur xaml file. I try running it what happens is first assign idx change does not transfer to the second assign in the end three assign is the final output is

The error you got from my xaml is a Message Box. Iā€™m not sure why you donā€™t have this activity, but make sure you check your Activity Packages to make sure you have basic ones installed from Official. Or just simply delete them and put in your own Message Box.

I donā€™t understand your second image, cause I provided working solutions. I will need to look at screenshots from the workflow that you are running.

Regards.

1 Like

Main.xaml (16.8 KB)

ur xaml file is not working so I moved ur assign to mine.

Change ul to url in both the width and height assign

You need to change it to the url variable, so you ā€œupdateā€ the variable after each assignment, otherwise you lose your changes since ul is the original text. If that makes sense.

Regards.

3 Likes

got it works !!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.