URL is mandatory in Use Application/Browser Activity

Hi Everyone!!

I’m using Use Application/Browser activity for my project for one of the web portal automation, so as per the requirement I have to navigate to different different pages of web portal that will give different URLs, so when I use Use Application/Browser activity do I need to pass URL every time & since the URL is different for each navigation so to make that dynamic do I have to place all URLs into config file?(difficult to pass all URLs) with classic activity we use attach browser there we don’t need URL but how can we achieve that using Use Application/Browser activity, can anyone pls share the idea.

Thanks in Advance for the suggestions!!

Hi@Parmar_Snehal_Cognizant

Store the URL in an excel file and then read the excel and store the data in a data table variable and then use the for each row in data table activity and within that use the use browser/application activity and indicate the browser and then replace the URL with CurrentRow(“Your column Name”).tostring into the URL path in use browser/application.

Regards

Hi @Parmar_Snehal_Cognizant

Use for each loop
put all the url’s in Config file

Hope it helps!!

Welcome to Community!!

Store the URLs in Config file then use for each loop to iterate all URL s

Store all the URLs in a excel file and use read range workbook to convert it to the datatable. After that iterate the rows of the datatable by using for each row in datatable activity. Inside for each take an assign activity and store the each URL in a variable. Take Use application\browser activity and pass the variable in the URL field.

Note - Indicate any browser on screen in use application\browser activity remove the URL and pass the variable which stores the excel URLs. Make sure to delete the informative screenshot.

Hope it helps!!

Thank you for the suggestions, but lets say I have to navigate to all 10 page so I have URLs so all 10 placing in config file sounds not best practice because sometimes navigation name changes so URL also may get changes so is there any other way we can ignore the URL in use application/browser activity?

Thank you for the suggestions, but lets say I have to navigate to all 10 page so I have URLs so all 10 placing in config file sounds not best practice because sometimes navigation name changes so URL also may get change so like we use attach browser which onlu consider selectors not URLS so is there any other way we can ignore the URL in use application/browser activity?

Then use the Get URL activity which is used to get the URL of the webpage and pass that URL to the Use application\Browser activity.

Hope you understand!!

@Parmar_Snehal_Cognizant

Change the below setting for Use browser/Application and give a try

Close  ---------   NAppCloseMode.Never
Input Mode  ---------  Simulate
Open  ----------  NAppOpenMode.IfNotOpen
Window attach mode  ---------  Single window

Hope it works!!

thank you for your help!! I’m using ReFramework and created separate xamls for each task (search is one task then extracting data after search is another task so it will give me 2 navigation URLs)so for each loop will not help me in that case, do we have anything similar to Attach browser activity so that we can ignore the URLs and just consider the selectors?

@Parmar_Snehal_Cognizant

You can use "*" in the url field…that is supported

This way it relies only on selector

Cheers

so we cant use get URL activity out side Use Application/Browser activity scope, we have to use get URL inside it.

When you are clicking anything in the main browser is it redirecting to any other webpage?

If yes, it is redirecting to another page give some delay and use get URL activity to get the URL.

Hope you understand!!

but that will give the URL of current page not the new tab/page right

I tried the above solution but URL is mandatory to pass that is the issue URL is keep changing URL contains auto sign in cookies with it is there any other way where we can skip the URL part or any other solution?

@Parmar_Snehal_Cognizant

can we connect?

Regards

yes all basic things I have tried but that is not working coz URL is containing auto sign in info when it navigates to another page, any other solution can u suggest? either I want to pass full URL (which I dont have every time it will be unique) or I can relay on selectors only

sure!!! do you have any work around?

@Parmar_Snehal_Cognizant

you can share the zoom link and we can connect now

Regards

@Parmar_Snehal_Cognizant

You can pass a partial url also even that would make it work…something like…if first part is constant then use url='<constantpart>*'

cheers