Urgent help needed: Web scrapping unable to pickup elements from chrome precisely

Scenario: trying to use web scrapping tool but the elements are not picked up properly, and gives errors when try to click second element that “cannot find pattern, elements differs by tag”, it is working for other people on my team, thanks.

Steps to reproduce:click web scrapping, and pick elements to create a pattern

Current Behavior: its is not able to pick up the elements from the webpage exactly, not fine tuned, for example if i am clicking on a link for first element, when i hover over the link, it does not select the link properly and shows a box that is much larger or smaller than the actual link it is supposed to show.

Expected Behavior: should be more exact when clicking first and second elements for we scrapping

Studio/Robot/Orchestrator Version: 2016.1.6040

Last stable behavior: never
Last stable version: never
OS Version: windows 7 enterprise
Others if Relevant: (workflow, logs, .net version, service pack, etc):

Try to Use Internet Explorer instead of Chrome.

Try this again.
https://studio.uipath.com/v2017.1/docs/installing-the-chrome-extension-for-uipath-studio

1 Like

Hello,
I am having the similar issue - Cannot Find All Pattern elements while trying to scrapping the 2nd element. I am doing the Web Scrapping Practice 1. Kindly help.

Does anyone has a solution. I have the same problem.
I tried to scrap google and amazon. Doing this, uipath gave the same error.

I’d just like to see if anybody has found a solution to this since the last reply. Still having the same error as described above.

If I play around with which search results I choose, I can get it to select a small subset of the results on a page. Maybe 10 of the 25 displayed. Otherwise I get the tag error.

Is there a way to view the tags of the webpage to see exactly how the tags differ/ensure that I’m selecting identical tags?

Hi @N8Train

You can do a right click → inspect element in most browsers to get the tag structure.

You can then compare it with the XML code of the data scraping activity and make necessary adjustments.

See here for reference:
(Tutorial) How to customize data scraping by editing XML

as well as searching the forum for data scraping xml

1 Like