Uploading response

Hi All,

i am new into RPA and i need some help related to some process. i am working on online Survey in which we get the link for the online survey to fill with so many questions that need to answer. But before filling in that answers in online portal i have to write all the answer in one word documents and then upload that answer one by one in that online survey link. Is it possible RPA in which we can link that word document to automatically pick that answer and fill in the respective question that has been asked.It would be great if you can provide the solution for the same.

Regards.
Karam

2 Likes

Hi
welcome to uipath community
yah thats possible
like create a template of word document and that template must have a question and corresponding answer to it
–so that in our uipath we can install the word package from manage packages option from design tab in studio in which from official tab search for UiPath.Word and install that package
–once after installing use word application scope and pass the file path of word as input
and inside the scope use READ TEXT activity and get the output with a variable of type string named str_input
–then we can use string manipulation methods like regex or split method to get the answer alone and pass them one by one to the web portal with type into activity

Cheers @karamcaren

1 Like

Hi @Palaniyappan

Thank you so much for your prompt response . I will check and will get back to you in case i need.

Regards.
Karam

Sure
Kindly let know for any queries or clarification
Cheers @karamcaren

Hi @Palaniyappan,

Thank You so much for your help. It works. !!!

I just want to ask one more thing if possible in the data scrapping part I saved the file in the Excel by using write CSV from the activities TAB and it saved the file in the excel by giving the path. Is there any way in which we can save the file in the word Document.

Regards.
Karam

2 Likes

yah of course
like there are two ways
either we can open the excel file and copy paste the data and paste that in a word document
that is
–use a START PROCESS ACTIVITY and pass the file path of excel as input which will bring the excel to foreground
–then use SEND HOT KEY activity with key as ctrl+g and then use TYPE INTO activity with key as “A1”
–then SEND HOT KEY activity with key as ctrl+a and another hot key with key as ctrl+c
–now use a START PROCESS ACTIVITY and pass the file path word document as input and it will bring the word document to foreground
–now use a SEND HOT KEY activity with key as ctrl+v which will paste the value to the word document then save it with ctrl+s

OR

–use read range activity and get the output from excel with datatable variable named dt
–now use a OUTPUT DATATABLE ACTIVITY and pass the dt variable as input and get the output with a variable of type string named str_input
–now use a WORD APPLICATION SCOPE and APPEND TEXT activity from WORD activity package
this can be found in Design tab in studio -> manage packages -> official tab and search as UiPath.Word and install that package
–where in APPEND TEXT activity mention the input as str_input.ToString

Cheers @karamcaren

1 Like

Hi @Palaniyappan,

Hope you are doing well !!!

I have tried to make the word document but was not able to do it. Is it possible to send the path in RPA Environment and share the file. I will share the link.

It would be great if you can see and provide the same for the following link.

Link:- https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CD9JFZ7

Thanks

Regards.
Karam