Updates

After struggling with updates from time to time, I think it would be great to have a “check for updates” button in either assistant or the main program’s settings.

Automatic updates fail all the time (proxy/vpn/etc) and reinstalling software can be a pain on corporate computers (user ain’t got no permissions, sir).
I’m honestly surprised this fairly basic functionality is still missing.

Hell, hide it in a wall of menus for all I care, so the average user can’t find it.
Just having the option would make troubleshooting problems with updating a lot easier.

Hi @AndreB

Thank you for your suggestion.

Could you still offer some context about this part (based on your specific experiences):

Hi,

Based on my experience, it can take up to 5-8 times for the update to succeed on my company machine.

I have to have both a proxy and a VPN (i have to log on with MFA) enabled for the update to succeed, and if it starts before both of those are on (which it usually does), the update just straight up fails.
So a lot of the times it’s a race after booting up the machine to see if i can sign in faster than the updater starts.
It can be pretty frustrating.

But even if both are on, it still sometimes fails for whatever reason.

I understand it’s not UiPath’s “Fault”, but i can’t imagine i’m alone in this situation with companies often walling off company hardware.

So it would be nice to at least have the option to sort of “force” the update (or to plan it), so to say.
Otherwise it just takes very long to have it fully functioning again.

Hi @AndreB

Do you think it would be possible for you to send over the UiPath diagnostic utility output zip file whenever the update fails to complete?

Our team would then be able to investigate your specific issue.

You can send those over via a private message to me @loginerror