Update XML Value Based On Previous Value

Hello,

I am trying to update the attached xml file. On line 66 and 193 of the xml file is an ID number. I want to search for a specific ID number and then update the Status value that belongs to that ID number on lines 184 and 303 respectively. So, for this example if the ID equaled V-46473 then I would want to update line 184.

In Automation Anywhere I was able to update it using this XPath Expression,
//VULN/STIG_DATA[ATTRIBUTE_DATA = “$vVul$”]/…/STATUS
This didn’t work in UiPath for me. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Example XML.xml (12.4 KB)

Hello @dleon!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff

Anyone have any ideas?

@dleon
I will have a look on it after my regular job work is done and will give some feedback to you

1 Like

@dleon
If I got you right you looked for foollowing:

get a preview on how to work with xpath here:
grafik

find starter help here:
dleon.xaml (7.8 KB)

Kindly note:
was a rough prototype
currently is not saving the file
ensure: System.XML.XPath is imported to the namespaces (down, right to the variable panels)

Let us know your further open questions on it

Thanks, this helped a lot. I am able to modify and save what I need now.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.