Update UiPath Studio to latest version

According to https://www.uipath.com/guides/updating-uipath-studio , the updates will show up after clicking the Help menu. Well, I can see that I’m currently running version 2016.2.6274, but https://www.uipath.com/release-notes/uipath-v2016.2.6344 says a newer release is available. But I don’t see any notification telling me a new update is available in UiPath Studio. How do I update? I have tried selecting both “Stable” and “Beta”, and neither show that any update is available. Actually those radio buttons seem to do absolutely nothing.

5 Likes

May be easier to just go to the UiPath website and download the newer version. The automatic link is 2016.2.6344.

How do you do that ?

On www.uipath.com there is a button to Start Trial

You can then update with a license key as and when you have one.

1 Like

You don’t even need registration key.
After trial form request page, you can directly download UiPath :

Problem is that it seems to be version 2016.2.6379, not the very last one which is 6393.

1 Like

Uh… is this really how the update is supposed to work? UiPath actually intends this to be the only way to update to the latest version? We have to start a new trial every time?

4 Likes

Is this still the case? Enterprise customers have to request a trial to update UiPath? That’s the only way I was able to update, but can’t really believe this is the official method.

1 Like

This is still the case, which is disappointing. Please tell me you guys are going to create a standard Update method for 2018.3. This is kind of ridiculous.

I just requested a trial to get the 2018.3 download (which says it was released October 1st, 2018), but I got 2018.2.4 instead which isn’t useful to me.

Has this problem been fixed yet? This cannot be the only way to update.

How can we update the latest version of uipath community edition manually.

I have the Community Edtion and in this path “C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\UiPath” your can find a file called “Update.exe” that update UiPath Studio to lastest version. This work for me, sorry for my bad english :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hello,
Once clicking on the update.exe, does the studio update automatically?
I’ve done it but after, i open studio CE but it is still on old version 19.6

You have to manually download the update from their website. I was not able to find any option to update from within the Studio.
To manually update your Edition try this:

1. Go to UiPath.com and click “Try UiPath Free”. It will then take you to Sign up page.
  2. Create an account or if you already have one, login.
  3. You will be then on the UiPath Dashboard.
  4. On the left hand side, go to “Resource Center”
  5. From there you can download the latest version available for Studio or Enterprise Edition.