Update/Transfer of user account - Uipath Academy

Hello Uipath Team, @badita, @ovi, @loginerror

I completed my Uipath training (Except Advanced module) and received certifications using my Ex-company mail Id. I would like to just view the videos now without having to go through the whole training again. I have attached the Foundation certification that I received. Can you please help me reset my account? I wouldn’t wish to restart all the training once again. Can you please suggest a solution/workaround? It will be very very helpful. I have created a new account now using my private email id - selvasathappan36@gmail.com, if this info can help anyway to address

RPA_Developer_Certificate.pdf (157.3 KB)

Hi @Selvasathappan

Editing Post : My bad yes you need to contact support team

@loginerror - :+1: Didn’t notice that part :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Prankur

Hi @Selvasathappan

Please contact our Academy Support. They will be able to merge the accounts.

1 Like

Thank you @loginerror. I have submitted a request

1 Like

@loginerror Apologies to bother you. I understand it’s a holiday period. By any chance can I get to know what is the usual SLA for academy support requests? Currently I am stuck in situation for which am dependent on the training material. Thanks a ton.

Hello @loginerror,

I am still not able to access the videos in my new account even after merging it with my old accounts. The videos are still locked and it requires me to go through each and every video to view module of my choice. Can you please help me with this? So that, I can access videos at random. It will be very helpful. Looking forward to hear from you

Hi @Selvasathappan

I believe our team is investigating the merge process as it was a bit misbehaving. I can only advise you to create another ticket (or continue the discussion in the one you’ve already made).

And even though not ideal solution, I would suggest you to rather go through the new training for 2018.3 to unlock your reference materials. It doesn’t differ that much from the previous one (so you could be skipping some materials), but if you are going to go through the materials again, you might as well do it for the new class.

1 Like

Hello @loginerror,

Actually am unable to access the academy using the alternate link (https://uipath.docebosaas.com). Irrespective of tab/menu that I try to open, it only results in my Profile page. Is this an known issue?