Update status of each Transaction from Queue to Excel Column

Hi guys,

I want to update status of each Transaction item from Orchestrator Queue to Excel Column. How can I do this ?

Hi @tilarapiyush

You can try in two ways

Use orchestrator API : using the orchestrator API calls u can find the details of queue item and extract it’s status and update in excel file

OR

Another way is like after updating the queue status , after that use write cell activitiy to update accordingly.

Hope the idea helps you

Regards

Nived N :robot:

Happy Automation :relaxed::relaxed::relaxed::relaxed:

2 Likes

How do you suggest I use the second method you proposed ? What activities to use ?

Are u using Reframework buddy?

Yes. Using RE Framework only. Here is the format of Excel too. I have processed each Transaction and now I want the status of each Transaction in “Status” Column. Also in case there is any failure, it goes in “Remarks” column.

2 Likes

Hi @tilarapiyush

Accordingly to second method

How u can do this is

In set transaction status workflow, there are three sequences : success, business exception, system exception.

In each of section after setting the transaction status of queue item add a write cell activitiy with properties

Let’s take the case of success case, we are adding the below write cell activitiy in success sequence
Workbook path : excel file path

Sheet Name : sheet name

Cell : “E”+(io_TransactionNumber+1).ToString

(If the transactionnumber is 1)

Data to be written : “Success”

While in system/business exception section

Add the following write cell activitiy

Cell : “F”+(io_TransactionNumber+1).ToString

(Failure details are written in the Remarks column)

(If the transactionnumber is 1)

Data to be written : reason u need to add for

Hope it helps you

Regards

Happy Automation :relaxed::relaxed::relaxed::relaxed::relaxed:

4 Likes

This is working fine but there is a small error I have faced. Explaining by example. Suppose bot processes 5 txn items and fails. Excel will have “Success” status for first 5 txn items and rest txn item status’ would have status as “New” in the queue.
Upon restart, although bot processes the new txn items starting from 6, but updates status of txn 1 in Excel sheet (not for txn item 6). How do I handle this?

Hi @tilarapiyush

I forget to add that

For handling this

Before writing data into cell , use lookup datatable activitiy to lookup for data from the queue to datatable and getting output as rowindex , use that rowindex to fill the cell

So that I handle it

For ur clarity I will explain with example

Let’s say a queue item has following data

Queue 1

Name : xyz1

Email : xyz1@gmail.com

Mobile : 123456790

Etc…

In init state try to read the excel file and store in dt1 varaible and should be in main.xaml so that it can be accessed by other workflows too

Now after updating status as success or failed use the following to update queue status in excel

First use lookup datatable activitiy with following property configurations

1. Datatable : dt1

2. Lookup value : transactionitem.specificContent(“Name”).ToString ( this u can customize accordingly to ur requirements)

3. Lookup Column Name : “Name”

4. rowindex : index , index is a variable which stores the row index of that particular row where lookup value is …

after this use write cell activitiy with following property configurations.

Cell : “E”+(index+2).ToString

Data to be written : “Success”

Or

if it is failed transactionitem, then u had to make changes in write cell as follows.

Cell : “F”+(index+2).ToString

(Failure details are written in the Remarks column)

Data to be written : reason u need to add for

So the main logic I am telling is before updating status in excel we are checking what is position of the row which contains information about queue item using lookup datatable activitiy.

Hope the above logic helps you

Regards

Happy Automation :relaxed::relaxed::relaxed::relaxed::relaxed:

1 Like

Works totally. Thanx for help man. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.