Update excel file in multi bot architecture

Hi Folkes,

I hope you are doing well. I have one scenario, where previously one single bot was there using RE-Framework, and there Bot was writing one Excel file at the end of the process state in finally bvlock.
Now the criteria is Bot would be divided into Dispatcher and performer. In the performer part, this action would be done using multiple VM, I mean to say multiple bots. So now the single Excel file would be updated with multiple bots and based on queue.

So here what would be the best way to update the file, and at which state, the file we can update in the end only, as in the process through out one data table is updating and , that data table would be written on that excel file end of the process.

Note: We cannot use csv or Excel as DB here.

Please suggest one best solution, where only one bot can write the file at the end of the process, so the file would not be in read-only status.

Thank you

@learning_sourav

I believe whatever youa re writing to excel is the status and all…as now you are using queues…instead of creating a datatable and addinng data for eqch transaction…get the items from queue using get queue items and then write the data to excel…

And as it is multibot…you have to use a locking mechanism to make only the final bot write the data to excel and any other bot will just end without eriting the data…so that ideally even in multibot scenario all bots will talk to eqch other and will let only one bot write the data

Here is an explanation on how to implement locking and then update from only one bot

Hope this helps

Cheers

Thanks for this solution idea. I will execute this and let here know, I hope it will solve the purpose, but need some tests for this.

Thanks

Hi @Anil_G

only one thing if you explain here, on steps 3 and 4 what are you doing? what I understood, using the get queue item activity we need to find out processed queue items if it is more than 0.

Thanks

@learning_sourav

Yes that is what I am foing there…checking if any new or in progress items are there…if yes then that means some other bot is still working…so will wait for that to come…

After that am checking if the lock asset is already acquired…if not acquired only then the bot will try to acquire else it means some other bot has already acquired and strted processingng report

Cheers

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation, let me implement this, and I will come up with the feedback…

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you I implemented this, and this is working…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.