Update excel based on value in another column

Hello,

Does anyone know how to updated a cell value based on a value in another cell?

For example if I am working with code in column ‘Client Code’ which I use within a variable through out my process I wan’t to update column ‘Status Changed’ when done processing that item.

Does anyone know the best way to do this?

@Bob2 Can you tell me What you meant by working with Code in Column ‘Client Code’ or What are the Current Steps that you are performing?

You can use Lookup Data Table activity and if you have no repetition for that column, it will return the index of that row which you can then use like this to update another column:
myDataTable.Rows(IndexReturned)("Status Changed")="Yes"

Hello, @Bob2

I would go this way:
UpdateStatus.xaml (15.4 KB)

1 Like

do you really do your uipath projects like that? uipath is not visual studio, you dont need all that coding :slight_smile:

Hey, @bcorrea

Thanks for your feedback. I consider LINQ a very efficient way of manipulating tabular data and quite simple to implement, as soon as you get the hang of it. :slight_smile:

i have more than 20 years developing Microsoft stuff, so for me yes, but in here i think it is not the way as most people are not developers, also linq to work with Data Tables are very inefficient and hard to read as expression can get pretty messy and full of conversions… but at the end of the day, whatever works works :wink:

Thanks for your help @alin.c.mihalea. This was very helpful

You are welcome. :slight_smile: Happy automating!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.