Update empty list item using new MicrosoftOffice365.Activities.SharePoint activity

Hi there,
How do I update Sharepoint empty list item using new MicrosoftOffice365.Activities.SharePoint activity? Looks the activity does not return empty list item fields when we’re looping through the fields. “Status” could be empty but I need to update it. It does not go to the If because that field is not returned since it’s empty.

Hello @niro!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff

I have the same issue, does anyone have a solution for this?

Hi @Benjamin_Wurth ,

What is the exact requirement?

Which package are you using?

Regards
Sonali

HI,

I use Uipath.MircosoftOffice365.Activites (v 1.9.0).

I want to update a list item (“Update List Item” ).
For this I use “For each List Item” first to filter for a certain item. But as answer I get only the fields, which are filled. Empty fields are ignored. So if a column in the sharepoint list is empty, it is not included in the output of “For each List Item”.

So I don’t know how to update the corresponding column of the item.

My idea now was to convert the output to a list and add a field there accordingly.

However, I don’t know how to initialize Office365ListItemField.

I hope that was reasonably understandable.

Hi @Benjamin_Wurth,

In this case to update list items , please filter your list items by the column which is always present like name etc.

Once entry is found, update respective columns of that entry.

Filtering list items on something that doesn’t exist isn’t the right way.

Regards
Sonali

Hi,

I think you get me wrong :slight_smile:

I have 38 columns in my list.

I filter my items by 2 columns, which are always present. In my example I get one result.
But in the result there are only 21 fields / columns

Now I want to update one of the fields from the missing columns.

For example:
This field is present in the result
grafik

But I want to update the filed with the Name “Quality2”, which is not present in the result.

But I do not know how.

I wanted convert the array Office365ListItemField to a list and than add one new item.

but I don’t know how to initialize a variable of type Office365ListItemField.

Best regards

Hi Benjamin, I contacted UiPath directly on this via email. They told me this is a limitation for now and they’ll come with a fix. For now, I’m opening browser to update expected empty list item fields by opening up this url: https://domain.sharepoint.com/sites/{sitename}/Lists/{listname}/EditForm.aspx?ID=

Hi @Benjamin_Wurth,

Thank you providing details :slight_smile:

Have you tried using package UiPathTeam.SharePoint.Activities for this purpose?

We have used the same to update our list items columns based on results filtered against certain value under name field.

And it worked just fine per our expectations.

And if there is no particular requirement to use office365 package and if there is a limitation currently in this package, I would suggest the use of another SharePoint package as mentioned above.

Regards
Sonali

Hi Niro,
thanks for your answer, I have taken the package as Sonali suggested
Best regards

Hi,
thank you very much for your help. I used the package UiPathTeam.SharePoint.Activities and it works fine :slight_smile:

Best regards
Benjamin

1 Like

Hi @Benjamin_Wurth,

I am so glad to know it worked fine for you :slight_smile:

Now that your issue is resolved, I would suggest to mark solution so this topic can be closed :slight_smile:

Regards
Sonali

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.