Unzip .tar.gz files

Hi @hareshjindal1,
Yes. This activity will extract only the zip and .tar.gz. I am working for the next release. You will have this feature in the next release.

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards
Balamurugan

1 Like

thanks

Hi

End of this day I will upload a new version. So it will support zip,Gzip,Tar,Rar and 7zip format.

Thank you

Balamurugan

one more thing, can we extract multiple folder path in .rar format in one go by mentioning the path details?

suppose one directory has only .rar files and files count and name may be change on daily basis so how to extract all .rar or .zip files whatever the name is , in one go?

Thanks.

After the release. I will attach a sample for you…

Regards
Balamurugan

Hi @hareshjindal1,

I have uploaded the new version 3.1.0 . The unzip activity supports the Zip, GZip, Tar, Rar and 7Zip formats.

Here I have attached the sample for your above situation.

ZipUnZip.zip (215.8 KB)

Regards
Balamurugan

1 Like

getting this error when trying to open.

second thing i updated your package with new version 3.1.0
but still it is not able to unrar the file.

Thanks

I have developed it in the version of 2018.3 beta. If you are using the lower version. Please update it.

Regards

Balamurugan

Hello Bala,

I have 2018.2.3 uipath community version.

SO can you provide the code compatible with this version.

I will send you end of this day.

Regards

Balamurugan

After updating version 3.1.0, I can unzip Rar format. Thank you so much… You save my day.

1 Like

Welcome . Now the unzip supports the Zip, GZip, Tar, Rar and 7Zip formats.

Regards
Balamurugan.S

1 Like

could you please send ?

Hai,

After the upgraded of CE. I cannot proceed with the old version in my system. I will try to do in virtual machine today. And let you.

Hi Balu, unfortunately I’m unable to unzip .tar.gz file. It gave me below error. Are you able to assist me on this please. zip.zip (1.4 KB)

“Un zip : Could not read C:\ShipmentCorrection\Reports\InputText\zip\BE_WAYBILL_MATCHING_201810231331.tar.gz as a zip file”

Hi @Serran_Neru,

Handling the tar.gz is different than other. Below I have attached the sample for you.

file :Unzip.zip (3.3 KB)

This is the result that you are expecting.

Regards
Balamurugan.S

Hi Bala, thanks alot for prompt help on this.
However unfortunately I encounter below error :frowning:

“UnZip : Method not found: ‘SharpCompress.Common.ArchiveEncoding SharpCompress.Common.OptionsBase.get_ArchiveEncoding()’”

Did I installed the right package?

Let me check and tell you.

Regards

Balamurugan.S

Hi Bala, Thank you so much and will wait for your reply. :slight_smile:

Hi @balupad14, any update?