Unzip Password protected file

What is the use case

To unzip all kind of format like zip,rar,7z with password protected file and without password also.

How do you see a solution for the use case?

Currently we can use invoke method to unzip the zip file, but not in password protected file.

Scope: ______________

• Custom Activity
  • Reusable Component

Regards,
Arivu

Zip or UnZip Activity
暗号化zipファイルを取得し解凍する方法

Hi @arivu96,
Take a look. Give me your feedback.

Regards
Balamurugan

Hi @balupad14,

Yea sure i ll check on that, its possible to extract other formats also.

ZIP and UnZIP is possible using the invoke code activity. but i want to know password protected zip file and other format zip files to extract option in uipath.

Refer this

Regards,
Arivu

Hi @arivu96,
Thank you . The password protected option doesn’t have in the Compression zip file assembly. And it works only for Zip file, not other formats.

Regards
Balamurugan.S

Hi All,

Unfortunately not. There is no support within the .Net Framework 4.5 for password protected zip files. In this case you have to switch to one of the well known 3rd party libraries.

Normal zip to unzip and file to zip code is already having and activities also created by @balupad14.

Thanks to @balupad14. :slight_smile:
But password protected zip file, still now not able to unzip it using uipath. And also other format of zip files.

Regards,
Arivu

Hi @arivu96,

Here I have attached a sample to unzip the file with password protected.
File : unzip.zip (1.3 MB)

password is 100. It is working at my side.

Regards
Balamurugan

Thanks @balupad14.

I ll check on this. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Arivu

Hi @arivu96,

I have updated the new version. It has been fixed all bug related to the unzip activity. Make the test with it. It has the sample file also.

Regards
Balamurugan