Unexpected character encountered while parsing value

I am getting following error while running a process

Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: {. Path ‘WorkflowFile’, line 1, position 17.

System.ServiceModel.FaultException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: {. Path ‘WorkflowFile’, line 1, position 17.

Server stack trace:
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object ins, Object outs, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

1 Like

can you share some screen shots of workflow file along with the .xaml file to understand this better

thanks @prassin6 but after restarting the PC problem has gone…

I am having the same issue. I already tried restarting but the error shows up every time I try opening the studio.

2 Likes

Tried un-installing the studio and re-installing it. That made the trick.

Hi I am also facing same issue, How you resolve this issue.

1 Like

I faced the same issue when I used the version 2018.1.0. But it works just fine if using the last version 2017.1.6435

Can you please send me the latest version 2017.1.6435 link

Hi guys i am training on a trial version and i am facing the same error , using version 2018.1.0.

Kindly advice

1 Like

Guys restarting the PC worked out for me too

Me too getting same error.:neutral_face:

I tried reinstalling 2018.1.0 studio CE.restarting system, installing activities etc all again but nothing worked.

Please help… @ovi @badita

One doubt : Why for every1 it is specifying line 1, position 17…:thinking:

Regards.

I am also facing this error.
Re-installing only work for a while, its not permanent solution.
I got this error on UiPath 2018 Studio 2018.1 version.
In the previous version UiPath 2017 Studio 2017.1.6522 no error occurred.

Please provide me solution for this.

Thanks in advance.

when you did the reinstall, you did a fresh install of 18.1 or did upgrades from 2017.1 to 18.1 ?

I reinstalled it on 22/01/2018.
I installed the 2017.1 but it get updated into 2018.1 after that issue is coming.
Still now I am on the same issue.

Install 2018.1 directly not through updates

Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: {. Path 'WorkflowFile', line 1, position 17.

System.ServiceModel.FaultException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: {. Path 'WorkflowFile', line 1, position 17.

Server stack trace: 
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at UiPath.Models.IUiPathRemoteContract.StartJob(Stream jobInfo)
   at UiPath.Models.UiPathProxy.StartJob(JobModel job)
   at UiPath.Models.UiPathDuplexProxy.StartJob(JobModel job)
   at UiPath.Workflow.Execution.WorkflowRunner.StartJob(JobModel job)
   at UiPath.Workflow.Execution.WorkflowRunner.Run(String workflowFilePath, String projectName)
   at UiPath.Workflow.ViewModels.MainViewModel.RunWorkflow()
   at UiPath.Workflow.ViewModels.MainViewModel.<get_RunWorkflowCommand>b__72_0(Object param)
   at UiPath.Workflow.RelayCommand.Execute(Object parameter)

I’m getting the same error. This is what what I get when I copy the error log to clipboard. Restarted computer, reinstalled UIPath. Uipath is still giving same error.

Same Error Here Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: {. Path ‘WorkflowFile’, line 1, position 17.

Is there a Fix on the way? #18_1

same here, both studio and robot version 18.1.0
removed prev version and did a clean reinstall before installing this version.

right, so this error is from a mismatch in Studio/Robot/Service versions. we’ll look into it to see if there’s any problem with the installer.
The correct way would be to uninstall the previous version before installing the new one, including the service.

If it doesn’t work or you want to use 2 versions in parallel (unsupported), here’s a workaround:

• close Studio and Robot tray
  • go to windows Services (search cortana for Services) and to the UiRobot service. Doubleclick it.
  • In the properties, there should be the location of the actual exe file
  • go to that location and start the Robot and Studio from there
  • rejoice!

And post here if this doesn’t work for you

3 Likes

I hacked it by opening the root program, and not the desktop app.