Unexpected character encountered while parsing value

HI All,

I encountered this error and posted same above … now after some days I uninstalled UiPath 2017.1 version and then installed 2018.1 version and now it is working fine.

Try this if it helps,

• Uninstall UiPath 2017.1.xxxx
  • Install UiPath 2018.1
    #18_1

Regards.

2 Likes

Can you explain it please?

because I could not resolve this error

Thank you!

step1: Go to C:\Program Files\UiPath Studio
step2: click on ui path studio and ui robot exe files and it will start the 2016 edition of ui path

Problem solved

Dude thanks a lot
it helped me

Seems like this happens when having both UiPath Studio and UiPath Platform installed.
I just run appwiz.cpl and remove the UiPath Platform from the list, then it works.
My version is 2018.1.1

3 Likes

Same issue here. For me, I only have UiPath Studio community edition installed, I installed it to the default path which is C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\UiPath.

I suspect it did an update to the latest edition by itself, which caused the issue, as I had 2 subfolders inside C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\UiPath which seemed to have alternate (older?) versions.

I believe the issue is the Start In path in the desktop shortcut.

my desktop shortcut’s target is:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\UiPath\UiStudio.exe

but my start in is a subfolder:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\UiPath\app-18.1.2

At least for me, editing my desktop shortcut to use the UiStudio.exe in the C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\UiPath\app-18.1.2 folder
(target=C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\UiPath\app-18.1.2\uistudio.exe)
did the trick

I am facing same problem in 2018.1.2 community edition .
But in 2017.1.6522 program is running correctly .Is That any other method to resolve this problem without uninstalling

Please see above workarounds, there is no need to reinstall.

I had 2 UiPath Studios installed and encountered the same issue.

The issue is gone after I uninstalled 2016, and retained 2018

Hi All,

I got the same problem when running a process in UiPath studio.
System Configuration: Uipath Studio 2018 with UiPath Robot 2017.

This issue occurs due to the mismatch version with studio and Robot, Reported issue got fixed once uninstalling the 2017 Robot.

how to clean uninstall uipath? I uninstalled from control panel, but still it is there. Then I downloaded from website and installed 2018.0.2 version. After that I am getting this error.

This was nothing to do with versions, is the type of your object you put in your deserialize activity, in property TypeArgument : should be newtonsoft.json.linq.jobject and your variable type should be the same.

Restart the system will solve this problem…
i am facing the same error but after restarting the system my workflow running perfectly without error.
don’t know abut the latest version is mandatory or not because i already have latest version.