Understanding the logs

Hey,

I’m trying to get better at debugging a process when it breaks. Is there a document out there that explains the logs? I open them and I really don’t understand what they are saying. How do I find out where the error occurred and what the error was?

Hy @Asanka,

Error messages may sometimes scare us, however, if you double click on them in the ouput you will se more information, it will help you solve your problem or at least show you what part of the workflow there is a problem.

Do you have a particular error message ayou are trying to understand you want to share?

Regards

I actually need this for when its already deployed in orchestrator. So I would need to review the text file logs.

Those are the ones I don’t understand

Hy @Asanka,

The same goes for orchestrator logs, double click them you will find some about, if you have any problem just post on the forum.
Do you have some log errors you can share?

Regards

Well the logs are pages and pages long. How do you find where the break occurred?

hy @Asanka,

If the log stops the process it should be the first item of the list, not dificult to find

@Asanka, this is the second time this week, you keep asking the same question and it looks like people are trying to help but they are struggling to give you the exact help you need.

I suggest you start sharing screenshorts or give more details on what you did and what you got, i mean are you checking the logs under the Monitoring/Jobs/Logs or? and is this an attended bot or unattended?

@Asanka Understanding the process log is a key thing for RPA Support team as well as for developers to analyze what breaks at which point. Yeah I know Its difficult to watch and analyze logs in orchestrator but I would recommend you to integrate your logs with Kibana there you can watch and analyze your logs with ease and also can make beautiful visualization and dashboard of process for your customers.
Hope it will hep you.

Hey,

Okay here is an example:

08:33:25.1806 Error {“message”:“Double Click Image: Image not found”,“level”:“Error”,“logType”:“Default”,“timeStamp”:“2020-07-03T08:33:25.1806728-04:00”,

How do I know where in the workflow exactly did this error occur? if I was running it in studio, it takes me directly to where the error happened. But if another user is running it, its tricky to track down…

Hy @Asanka,

UiPath best practices suggest you to rename the activity so you can trace it, in your example: the log message displays “Double Click Image”, this is the default text when you put it in the workflow. I strong recomend you to go to your workflow and rename it. What are you clicking on. Is it clear?

If it is ok for you please like my posts and mark my answer as solution, it helps me :slight_smile:
Any more questions please let me know.

Regards

1 Like

Ah that actually makes a lot of sense. I’ll just name the activities very specifically. Okay great thanks

1 Like

Hy @Asanka,

Very glad I could help!

Happy automation!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.