Understanding Package Sources in UiPath

Hi Everyone.

I wanted to understand clear distinction among following that show under “Manage Sources” in Studio:

1. Orchestrator Host
  2. Local
  3. Official (https://www.myget.org/F/workflow)
  4. Go! (gallery.uipath.com/api/V2)

User defined package sources:

1. nuget.org
  2. Custom feeds

What is roles of above package sources? Also, what is the best practice to publish custom libraries? Is it to just keep them on a local folder somewhere?

Hi @Gaurav_Sharma,
Very good and important question :slight_smile:
So the main role is to of course constantly make the UiPath better and better. Every resource is limited and we are only human. Many times happens that people need some activity related to one of application. Imagine that you are user of this application and you figured out how to work with Studio on this app. So you are publishing your workflow as a library and you can share this library among any other Studio users. This is very similar like “mod scene” for computer games. We are allowing everyone to build and extend Studio capabilities :slight_smile:

Regarding feeds mentioned by You:

1. This is feed which comes from orchestrator. If you have some packages/libs implemented in Orchestrator but you don’t have them in Studio, this is the way to make them implemented in Studio too.
  2. Same as above but applies to local kept packages.
  3. Feed for official UiPath company packages
  4. This is the place (www.go.uipath.com) where every user can make an account and share his own packages/libraries to the other :slight_smile:
  5. Feed for packages made by other companies and published in Nuget.org (not all packages are working)
  6. You can make your own feed (network/local) and just use it here.

I think there isn’t the best practice but as a good practice I think it’s awesome if you can share your work with the others. So parallel with keeping your libs locally I encourage you to publish them in Go! as well!

Happy Automation :rocket:

3 Likes