Understanding Errors and how to resolve them

I am new to UIPath. I want to understand how do we find the errors and on which activity the workflow has stopped working so that we can rectify the error. The internet shows me exception handling which is more like the Advanced concept. I wanted to understand in the App as well when it is published to orchestrator, how to understand in which activity the error has occured if thrown?

1 Like

Hey @Author_Community

Basically, UiPath shows you the error message and the source where it occurred which will help us to troubleshoot.

So having proper activity name helps.

Thanks
#nK

In the StudioX platform is Logging possible? So according to what you have mentioned in the reply, you want me to name the activities better so that I can understand where the error has occurred? But, how do I go in the logs and check, if you can share me a screenshot, I’d be very glad to see how we need to take an understanding from it.

1 Like

@Author_Community

You can log the Exception Message and Source to find out the exact error message and failed activity name.

Exception.Message → It will tell us exact erroor message
Exception.Source → It will tell us which activity got failed.

Hi,

I am using the StudioX. any other way to understand the errors?

Hey @Author_Community

Here you go… I made a small POC for illustrating the same as you need.

Workflow

The workflow here has two activities,

• Use App/Browser to open the UiPath website
  • Click activity to click a button (Just intentionally made the selector invalid)

Runtime Error

If you see here we get two things as we already discussed,

• Activity name on which it got failed (you can see in the screenshot)
  • The reason for failure

Hope this helps.

Thanks
#nK

1 Like

This Makes sense to me.

In the Orchestrator also It is going to be on the same or is there any other way to look at the errors? Once the process is published in it?

1 Like

Hey @Author_Community

All these will also get logged into the orchestrator portal.

They way to look at the logs for troubleshooting is still the same, but the place you look is different - You can check the logs from the logs menu or job logs option inside a folder.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
#nK

Hi

I think you can check with this feature in studioX

Audit information regarding the data used by activities in automation projects is recorded in execution logs at the Information level in messages that begin with Audit: .

In addition, logs also contain an initiatedBy property that records where each project execution was initiated: Assistant, StudioX, Studio, or Orchestrator. This enables organizations to keep track of how the tools are used.

Cheers @Author_Community

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.