Unattended Robot vs NonProduction Robot

Hi all,
I am currently implementing automations and been testing them with NonProduction license.
However, I am running into some issues with the NonProduction license, such as taking screenshots while the remote desktop is locked and some of clicking elements while the remote desktop is locked doesn’t work properly.

Also, from my understanding, if you put a robot to run at a specific time of the day, then it should login/connect to the remote desktop and run but when I disconnect from my Remote desktop connection, it doesn’t run. Instead, it just goes into pending looking for a machine to allocate the job. Is this normal?

I have couple of automations built and been testing with NonProduction license but not with the actual unattended license.

Hi,

NonProducton robot is mostly same as Unattended.

However, I am running into some issues with the NonProduction license, such as taking screenshots while the remote desktop is locked and some of clicking elements while the remote desktop is locked doesn’t work properly.

Because there is no desktop to take screenshot or indicate element. The result will be same even if use Unattended.

Also, from my understanding, if you put a robot to run at a specific time of the day, then it should login/connect to the remote desktop and run but when I disconnect from my Remote desktop connection, it doesn’t run. Instead, it just goes into pending looking for a machine to allocate the job. Is this normal?

In this case, do you use ClientOS such as Win10 and is another user’s session state disconnected? If so, it seems normal.

Regards,

Yes, I connect to remote desktop (win10) and sometimes my internet connection gets disconnected and it automatically disconnects the remote desktop making my jobs that run in the middle of the night just stay in pending state.

@jkwon

Yes if Internet connection is dropped then Robot machine disconnected from Orchestrator and Bot will fail. You need to make sure internet connection is stable while Bot is executing.

Hi,

I think it’s better to use setting for “Set time limit for disconnected sessions” of group policy. It force sign-off if session is disconnected ,after some time.

Regards,