Why is Unattended Robot execution opening Window Start Menu Pop up and leading to process failure?
This can typically be a Windows related issue but might occur when running the process in Unattended mode, the Windows startup menu pops up and leads to a process failure. Using a hotkey for 'Esc' and 'Alt + F4' might as well not work for few scenarios and might work as expected if run in user mode.
In order to fix the issue try / implement the below recommendations:
- Ensure that the user Signs - Out from the VDI and do not disconnect it when closing the VDI
- Make sure that the Robot Setting - LoginToConsole is enabled and set to No for the Robot user in Orchestrator
- Ensure that the Windows is updated to date
- Verify that the UAC Virtualization for "StartMenuExperienceHost.exe" is set to disabled for the Robot user in Task Manager Details
- Restart the StartMenuExperienceHost.exe "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\StartMenuExperienceHost.exe"
- If none of the above recommendations resolve the issue, then update the workflows running on that machine to start with a killprocess activity to the kill "StartMenuExperienceHost.exe" .
Read more on the Windows Session .