Unattended robot execution error

Hi

I created an automation and installed it on a VM, but the following error occurs:

Could not find the UI element corresponding to this selector:
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]

Search failed at selector tag:
[1]

The closest matches found are:
[46%]

at UiPath.Core.Activities.ObsoleteTaskAsyncCodeActivity`1.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Hi

Can you run once from studio in debug mode so that bot will stop in the exact activity where it is failing

Then stop the bot and try indicating the same element again from that activity and give a try

Make sure your bot is running in service mode

Have a view on this for more ideas

Cheers @Rodrigo_Buch

@Palaniyappan

It even opens the software but does not execute any clicks

1 Like

Hey @Rodrigo_Buch

It looks like your selector is not valid.

As in the error screenshot which you shared, the title of the selector in the code is invalid.

title='Salvar como'

You have used the above title in code which is wrong, but the actual title I can see in the application screenshot shared above is below…

title='Relatorios'

The above spelling may not be right, but I hope you understood the context.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
#nK

For implementing selectors in a VM machine, you could use computer vision activities ( CV activities). They are based on AI and would better target the UIelements in virtual environments and such instead or normal input/output activities with selectors.

Best Regards,
Sagar Rana
(UiPath Practitioner)

@Nithinkrishna

I think I understand what’s wrong, the robot is doing the clicks in the background I must have done some wrong configuration, but I don’t know how to solve it…

1 Like

Hey @Rodrigo_Buch

Hope are you confirming this?

Thanks
#nK

See how it starts the software and doesn’t make the first clicks but also doesn’t show an error, only when I open the “Save As” it does something, it would then open Firefox and it doesn’t open either

@Rodrigo_Buch When you start the process it is not maximizing the window. Is that making the issue to cause. Can you open the software manually similar to how the bot is opening (not in maximize mode) and validate the selector once

On my station running by Visual Studio CE it works I’ve tried to make it maximize the software but no click works

1 Like

@Rodrigo_Buch It looks like the selectors are changed when you are running through Assistant. Can you try this in the selector

• Remove cls and make the titles as wild card(*)

@Rodrigo_Buch In the VM, before running through UiPath assistant, did you run manually through studio. Since some times the selectors vary from application/software that we used for development to production app/software

Hey @Rodrigo_Buch

As discussed, please make the title in the selector reliable.

Thanks
#nK

I changed a “cls” but the title and the other cls does not let me change

1 Like

CV is not an appropriate solution. Selectors work fine in a VM if everything is done correctly.

The portion of the selector that’s on the first line (greyed out) is inherited from the parent container (Attach Browser, Use Application/Browser, etc)

Did you log into the VM then disconnect before running the unattended job? Don’t do that. LOG OUT completely from the VM to close the connection. Simply closing the RDP window leaves the session open which breaks automations.

Hey @Rodrigo_Buch

Do the selector update in attach activity please.

Thanks
#nK

@Rodrigo_Buch That you can change in the Open Application Selector

Also, for click activity check is there any aaname present in your selector. If you don’t find this in your current selector indicate the element again and check in your selector by opening it in UiExplorer. If it present then enable that into your selector

it’s an Ubuntu server with virtualbox and this VM with vindows10 pro, I connect to it through Anydesk