Unattended Attended

First want to thank all contributors to this great forum. I got almost all answers with limited search.

Here are my requests and questions
0. The difference between Unattended and attended is not explicitly clear in terms of implementations. I have gone thru this forum and was able gather differences here and there but not able to get a full picture from an implementation point of view. It would greatly help if someone can tabulate all the differences and post here.

Questions

1. If I have a workflow that involves getting data from websites, updating them in spreadsheet then emailing them. Can this be implemented as unattended?
  2. If above scenario involves ocr then can we still do it?
  3. Does the Uirobot.exe that come with install serve both as attended as well as unattended?
  4. Is there a separate install for unattended? If it is the same then how to start it as unattended?
  5. How do we monitor the unattended without orchestration?
  6. I am assuming an unattended robot can run only one wf at a time

Appreciate all your responses in advance.
https://forum.uipath.com

@sonson - I will try to answer your questions (subject to limitations of my knowledge).

One key difference between an Attended and Unattended is the licensing part. Also you can use an Unattended bot as an Attended bot too but reverse is not possible.

1. If I have a workflow that involves getting data from websites, updating them in spreadsheet then emailing them. Can this be implemented as unattended? - Yes
  2. If above scenario involves ocr then can we still do it? - Yes, assuming the input is available in an electronic format.
  3. Does the Uirobot.exe that come with install serve both as attended as well as unattended? - Depends on what type of license you have.
  4. Is there a separate install for unattended? If it is the same then how to start it as unattended? - I do not think there is a separate installation. Difference is only in what type of license you have.
  5. How do we monitor the unattended without orchestration? - This is not possible without Orchestrator.
  6. I am assuming an unattended robot can run only one wf at a time - Yes, that is right.

This was the same question which was asked earlier. :frowning: