Unable to Vlookup in Uipath

Sure. I am also looking something like this.
Please make sure you will be available when I need your help.
:grinning:

hehe once you registered let me know so that we could find our profiles on the mentoring portal.
I think we should mark this thread as solved because origin question was about vlookup which we resolved :slight_smile:

Please search with Asitabha Deb

This entire project is divided in few step.

1. Receive data same as sheet 1. (SO#, line#, attribute Name & Value)
  2. Enter that SO in SAP and collect attribute details .(Sheet 2)
  3. Compare only matching attribute with Sheet1 & sheet2 and write in sheet 3.
  4. Based on the index value in Sheet3, BOT will click exact attribute value in SAP.

I hope you understand.

There are another issue has been raised.

Below highlighted cell with index#5 needs to written in Sheet 3.

Now when I am checking , it is writing everything ok but the index no not matching.

The index no should be dynamic.
What ever the index# would be in sheet 2 , it should be written in sheet 3

The index is not dynamic because you are setting it yourself in for each row loop based on the index from the loop. So there is no possible that the index will other than 0,1,2,3,4…
As I said you have to many nested loops (for each row) and you are repeating some steps from scratch. Tomorrow I will take a look and we can arrange something on mentoring portal.

Sure. Are you able to find me in mentoring portal

OF AUTOMATION Part 3.zip (8.0 KB)

After running the process it is giving me the Index# in Sheet2.
But when I am trying to write it on Sheet3 through Add Data Row, its giving me the error.

I will check this one.
I suppose you have different number of column in those sheets.

Sheet 3 has less column compare to sheet 2.
is that You mean to say.

How to resolve this.

I need exact index# on sheet 3 which attribute will match with sheet 1 & sheet 2

Yes this is why you are getting this error.
Basically you need to have the same number of columns in sheet 3 so you need to add the column.

Tip1:

I think that still you are to many ForEachRow loop nested.
At the top you have first ForEachRow in which you have a lot of others ForEachRow and Write Range so you are overwriting the changes in Excel for each item in Overriding table.

This is you first loop. Everything inside will be repeating for each row, which means you are overwriting the excel every time.

@Asitabha_Deb_asitabhad
Could please send me the file: “GCSR Rule Updating.xlsx” ?

GCSR Rule Updating.xlsx (15.1 KB)

Basis of my project requirement, I have added and I am bit new in Uipath.

I have send you my excel file, Please make necessary changes. I am ok with it.

I hope you understand my project requirement.

Thanks.
So as Input at the beginning of the process we have the excel file with only Sheet1 right? And there may be multiple rows right?
Sheet2 is written from the Extracted data from SAP. Here there is a question, do we have to Extract those data from SAP for each row from Sheet1? If yes, this Sheet2 will overwritten and the data will be lost and the Index column also. After processing few rows from Sheet1 the index will be duplicated because each time you extract data from SAP and store them in Sheet2 from in which we do the search. I hope you got what I mean.

For what is this index for? You are writing it yourself so it has no reference to the SAP.

This entire project is divided in few step.

1. Receive data same as sheet 1. (SO#, line#, attribute Name & Value)
  2. Enter that SO in SAP and collect attribute details .(Sheet 2)
  3. Compare only matching attribute with Sheet1 & sheet2 and write in sheet 3.
  4. Based on the index value in Sheet3, BOT will click exact attribute value in SAP.

The data in Sheet 1 receive from mail from certain dept. I have uploaded that data in sheet 1.
(Part 1 ).

Now, here BOT is starting,
Enter the SO# in Va02, download the data of corresponding Sales Order(SO) in sheet 2.

You can see of this SO, suppose I need to search data Final_ Test_ Facility = MMY(Highlighted).
I get this information from Sheet 1.

Now, I need to filter exact data out of the data table in sheet 2 and written in sheet 3.

After completing this step , I need to know the index no of this data in excel,
Based on the index no, BOT will click the check BOX of the particular attribute.

I have tried early with dynamic variable of “attributes Value” , in this case it is “MMY”
But BOT is not click on the check box.

That why I am moving to Index No.
Because every Row in the SAP has Row#.

First Row = 0
Second Row = 1

On this screenshots “MMY” = 4.

I hope you understand my requirement.

I am thinking Index# of excel = Row# in the SAP.
I am trying to declare index# dynamically in Uipath, So, What ever the Index# BOT receive in Attribute Screen, it will select the exact attribute.

Ok now I got it.
So one more question. Robot is doing steps 2-4 for each SO in sheet 1 right?
Inyou current solution there is no clicking on SAP after finding the index so after each SO those data will be overwritten so we need to either Append the data or do step 4 ( Based on the index no, BOT will click the check BOX of the particular attribute) before processing next SO from sheet1.
Do you know what I mean?

Next thing, I have done dataScraping from SAP and I believe there should be hidden column which is something like RowId in SAP. Please check it or scrape the data again and check the columns because the we would not have to write the index ourself.

We do not even need the vlookup I think :wink: We can use JoinDatatables and Join Sheet1 with Sheet2 based on your requirements and as the results we will get the table with only matching rows and their indexes.

to place the variable in the selector you need write it like that:

… 'tableRow={{yourVariable}} …

For Your first question,

Yes, BOT will do 2 steps in Sheet 2.

There is nothing to do in Sheet 1.
Sheet 1 will receive from sales dept with listed multiple SO & their attibutes Name & Value. Nothing Else.

There is no hidden column in this SAP screen. I have done multiple time but hidden column.