Unable to view elements added in the object repository when shared with the team

Hello, I am using 21.10 version of studio and created elements in object repository including workflows together for them. My intention is to share with the team as a library along with workflows not just elements. When I shared with the colleague, he was unable to see anything on the Object Repository. Am i missing anything here?

@AIBot

Welcome to the community

You need to export the object repository as well …did you happen to do so?

And are both of you are on same version of studio?

https://docs.uipath.com/studio/standalone/2023.4/user-guide/reusing-objects-ui-libraries#extract-as-ui-library-project

Cheers

You mean extract as a library separately? I did its coming up that way but the thing is I am not seeing workflows that i created in a library

@AIBot

Yes ypu will not see it…both workflows and the object repository are two different entities …both needs to be exported separately…

Please check the link proivided on how to export a object repository…and for workflows you can send the workflows separately

Cheers

Yes both are two different entities and lets say if i create a library project with 2 elements in OR and added one workflow using those 2 elements and published it to orchestrator. In the new project if i add that library package, i am not seeing the elements in OR and that is an issue. Are you saying we cannot do it that way? Because we have done it in my previous org but its on 22.10 but not on 21.10 version.

@AIBot

These are the steps to follow…you are publishing a library similarly publish the object repo as well

cheers

I really appreciate it, I think the problem is quite simple. I created a library project type with some elements in OR and workflow files, tried zipping the project and copied to a different location. Unzipped it and I find only workflow files but not anything on the Object Repository.

@AIBot

That is because object repo is stored only locally

cheers

Ok thanks. So how does zipping affect Object Repository then? Because i am zipping the entire project folder right? Fyi, I am able to see the elements in OR when i did the same using 23.4 version. This problem only seem to occur in 21.10 version.

You should publish them to Orchestrator.

@AIBot

The location where locally they are stored might be different for both…

First please try this to check if it working or not…

Cheers