Unable to use F2 to Pause recording & ESC key to end recording

@loginerror @Pablito

I checked this issue and we are not able to identify what the exact issue. Could you please help him.

We tried all ways like placing keyboardmappings.xaml file, Running UIPath studio as Administrator, uninstall and reinstall studio and disabling Anti virus but no luck :frowning:

2 Likes

Hi @ronsahota,
I had once similar problem with other application. The problem was caused by other application (running in background) which took over some keys and shortcuts functionality. Please try to switch off everything you can on computer by going to Task Manager and close applications from User tab.

If this as well as re-installation is not helping then please also try to update .Net to newest version and check out if switching Studio to Beta channel will solve your problem.

3 Likes

@Pablito

We tried to update to Beta channel also but still no luck.

2 Likes

I have an idea. Maybe it’s worth to try if on screen keyboard will have the same problem :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Pablito

That also we tried :slightly_frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Oh sorry, I missed that part. So let’s try with closing all unnecessary applications.

1 Like

@ronsahota

As @Pablito said, try to close all unnecessary applications and try once. Let us know if you face any issues.

1 Like

@Pablito @lakshman

I tried closing all unnecessary applications and it didn’t work.

It’s very weird issue. It looks like it’s only happening to you as I don’t see anyone with same problem. I think still it might be a problem locally with your Computer/OS. I know it’s easy to say but are you able to try fresh OS installation?

2 Likes

This is really interesting and strange as well – did pressing F5 key works as that would execute the process… if that does not work either then non of the function or special keys work…
Well I hope it’s late already so why can’t we try to uninstall and reinstall the dot net framework that’s possible and easy right… may be version is not compatible enough with new community edition
Try to install the latest version of dot net and reinstall the uipath once, hope that should work

Cheers @mrmanojrai

1 Like

@Palaniyappan

I went to the registry editor at the following location to check what version of .NET Framework I have installed on my machine.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full

I noticed I have Release entry 461814 which corresponds to .NET framework version 4.7.2.

I checked the software requirements of UiPath Studio and as per the documentation I need a minimum of version 4.6.1 for .NET framework. Since I have version 4.7.2 I should be good then, right?

Here is the documentation I am referencing.

Let me know your thoughts.

2 Likes

@Pablito

I was hoping not to do a fresh OS installation since I have a lot of other software and stuff that I would need to backup before I install a fresh new copy of Windows 10 Operating System. Is there no workaround it?

Okayyy… that sounds good
So is there any other users who use your system and has studio in their login, if so kindly try to get into and check whether studio (in the same system but different users, of course they should have installed studio) takes the key F2 and esc
I hope this could let us conclude whether it’s a uipath problem ( I would say the one installed in your machine and not in common because others haven’t faced it )
Or
Machine issue
Let’s see

But still did the other keys like F5 and F7 aren’t working…!

Cheers @mrmanojrai

@Palaniyappan

F5 and F7 keys are working fine. I was able to hit the F5 key and it executed the workflow with no issues. F2 and ESC don’t seem to be working once UiPath recording session has started. That is the issue. The function keys are working normally on the computer and functional.

Hey guys I’m on a Lenovo laptop

It hijacks the F keys which is a real pain & I cant be bothered going into BIOS to turn it off.

Is there a simple way to change the F2 to something else in UIpath?

Thanks

1 Like

Never mind

https://www.tutorialspoint.com/uipath/uipath_studio_keyboard_shortcuts_and_customization.htm

Hi
Welcome to uipath community
May I what you would like to change with that key

Cheers @gareththomasnz

This might not be valid… Based on the 2018.3 documentation, the keyboardmappings.xml file has been removed and the customization of keyboard shortcuts has been deprecated.

I don’t see reference to either parts of the statement in the latest documentation

However I do have 2019.10.1 installed with the MSI package, and that file does not exist for me.

The following idea has a comment to indicating plans to address this in a future release are in the works.

Have you found the solution … i am facing the same issue

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.