Unable to test connection in SharepointApplicationScope within UiPathTeam.SharePoint.Activities Package

@radu_bucur

Thank you for getting back to me regarding the following Activity within the UiPathTeam.SharePoint.Activities Package: SharepointApplicationScope.

I wanted to provide some more context for you. I am using v1.5.2 of the package.

I am receiving the following error when trying to test connection:
“Exception encountered when trying to login to the SharePoint instance: Root element is missing.”

My colleagues (@mark.bullard) who work in the same department as me are able to run this successfully. We all have admin rights within SharePoint.

Let me know if you need any more info. Thank you again!

1 Like

Hi @radu_bucur. Confirming that Jasmine is the only person in our department unable to use the SharePoint Application Scope activity in the 1.5.2 package, specifically Test Connection from within Studio 2020.10.4. I am guessing that something may be missing (library, reference, other) from her PC for the following reasons:

• We all are using the same URL to connect to a SharePoint Online site
  • We have the same rights in the SharePoint site
  • Jasmine is able to successfully connect when testing the SharePoint Application Scope activity using her credentials on my PC (during a Teams screen share)

We’re hoping that based upon these facts and the error message described, you may be able to tell Jasmine what’s missing to connect via the SharePoint Application Scope. We’re happy to provide any additional guidance where requested. Thanks Radu!

Hey guys, thanks for reaching out and sorry for the late response.

Could you please let me know:

• does this happen only when using Test Connection or also when running the Scope activity
  • the login mode used
  • how does the url looks like
    A print screen of the test connection window or a workflow sample would also be great (without the credentials, of course).
    If you provide these, we’ll do some tests and try to fix any issues found before the next version is released

Hi Radu,

Your question about the login mode used prompted us to update this from Online to WebLogin, which fixed the issue for me. Thank you for your help!