Unable to Switch back to Original tab

Hello,

I am facing a problem to get back to the original tab after the new window is opened. Consider below as my scenario.

I want to search a word in Google using excel application scope which may have 15 words one by one in an excel. Once it searches the word, the search result opens in new window of the same browser. Now I should come back to original tab to search the next word.

1. I have tried click activity - Not effective when there are more than 50 words since the first tab will become small and its not working.

2. I can use send hotkey as CTRL+TAB. But it moves forward and cant able to come back to original one.

Could anyone help here. :grinning:

Hi @RajPavithran
hope these steps would help you resolve this
–use a excel application scope and read range hope you will be having the datatable with you named dt
–now use a for each row activity where pass the variable dt as input
–inside the loop use a OPEN BROWSER activity and mention the url of that browser page
–inside the open browser container perform the activities you want
–now comes the point
in open browser we got a output property in the property panel Browser get a variable from that property named out_browser
–while still being inside the for each row loop next to this open browser use a CLOSE TAB Activity where as input pass the above variable

–so that for each time new browser that is new IE or CHROME window will be opened for each iteration and in each iteration the text from excel rows will be searched

kindly try this and let know for any queries or clarification
Cheers @RajPavithran

Thanks for the response…!

By following the above step, it closes newly opened search page. I need it to be present in the browser.

Thanks,
Raj

Hi,

Can anyone suggest,

Thanks,
Raj

Hi,

Have you resolved this issue ?

If so, Please post it here. It will be helpful.