Unable to start job via API

Hello peoples!

I am trying to start a job via API on the cloud orchestrator.
This is my data component in the POST requests:

start_data = {“startInfo”:
{
“ReleaseKey”: “ae52ada4-ac4e-4823-9594-a0c286b1b8f1”,
“Strategy”: “Specific”,
“RobotIds”: [ 3588 ],
“JobsCount”: 0,
“Source”: “Manual”,
}
}

And my header is:

start_header = {“Authorization”: bearer, “X-UIPATH-TenantName”: tenant_name, “X-UIPATH-Organization”: “2061”}

However I receive this response
“{“message”:“startJobParameters must not be null”,“errorCode”:0,“resourceIds”:null}”
I have no idea what I am doing wrong, I’ve looked here: https://postman.uipath.rocks/?version=latest#2715a573-80d0-4a85-be22-a5d637e4c5fb and here: https://docs.uipath.com/orchestrator/reference/jobs-requests#section-starting-a-job

But I cannot find what I am doing wrong?

Hi!
did you solve the problem? I also having same issue. :frowning:

Hey,

I contacted UiPath support whom pointed out:

A) It’s X-UIPATH-OrganizationUnitId

B) The payload needs to contain json keyword in the header. Such as:

start = requests.post(base_url+“Jobs/UiPath.Server.Configuration.OData.StartJobs”, json = start_data, headers = start_header)

Thanks for sharing! @guemi

Now I’m trying to using Postman for start job, so I put folderId for X-UIPATH-OrganizationUnitId…
but I still got same message. “startJobParameters must not be null” :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved:

I have no clue what to do :scream:

You’re not attaching start_data in your header, are you?

This is what I run:

And start data is:

bild

Please add key json with value this: bild

Also, if you’re a paying customer I can highly recommend the UiPath support. They’re fantastic.

Ok, I’ll try it again. thanks for the reply :smiley: :smiley:

Let me know how it goes :slight_smile:

I solved it! Problem was body, not the header… I changed all body parameters that starts with lower case to upper case (ex. releaseKey -> ReleaseKey) :sweat_smile: haha…I don’t know why i did that but anyway it works! :heart_eyes: thanks for your help