Unable to start execution (machine key related)

Hi there, I am unable to start execution and the error message is “the machine key is linked to another machine”. This is on UiPath Studio Community.

Could anyone help? Thanks.

1 Like

Hi

Welcome to UiPath forum

The error message clearly states that the Machine Key you are trying to use in the Robot Settings dialog is linked to another machine

Make sure that the robot is connected as per this doc

Cheers @bean

Hi @Palaniyappan

Thanks for your help. I have set up my machine key as follows. Could you tell me what is wrong?

This is actually the full log:

RemoteException wrapping UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.Core.NoUserSessionException: The machine key is linked to another machine! —> RemoteException wrapping UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.Clients.OrchestratorHttpException: The machine key is linked to another machine!
at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.OrchestratorClientExtensions.EnsureOrchestratorStatusCodeAsync(HttpResponseMessage response)
at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.Clients.OrchestratorBaseClient.InternalRequestAsync[T](String baseUrl, String serviceUrl, HttpMethod method, HttpContent content, Func2 parseResponse, TokenFactory tokenFactory, TimeSpan timeout, Dictionary2 headers, CancellationToken ct)
at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.Clients.OrchestratorBaseClient.RequestAsync(String baseUrl, String serviceUrl, HttpMethod method, HttpContent content, TokenFactory tokenFactory, TimeSpan timeout, Dictionary2 headers, CancellationToken ct) at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.Clients.OrchestratorBaseClient.RequestAsync[T](String baseUrl, String serviceUrl, HttpMethod method, HttpContent content, TokenFactory tokenFactory, TimeSpan timeout, Dictionary2 headers, CancellationToken ct)
at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.Clients.OrchestratorClient.BeginSession(RobotIdentifier robotIdentifier, CancellationToken ct)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.Clients.OrchestratorClient.BeginSession(RobotIdentifier robotIdentifier, CancellationToken ct)
at UiPath.Service.ConnectedSessionManager.BeginSession(ImpersonableIdentity identity, CancellationToken ct)
at UiPath.Service.ConnectedSessionManager.BeginOrUpdate(ImpersonableIdentity identity, CancellationToken ct)
at UiPath.Service.AttendedService.BeginOrUpdateSession(Message message, CancellationToken ct)
at UiPath.CoreIpc.Server.InvokeMethod(EndpointSettings endpoint, Request request, Object service, MethodInfo method, Object arguments)
at UiPath.CoreIpc.Server.HandleRequest(EndpointSettings endpoint, Request request, IServiceScope scope, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at UiPath.CoreIpc.Server.<>c__DisplayClass4_2.<<-ctor>b__6>d.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location —
at UiPath.CoreIpc.IOHelpers.WithResult(Task task)
at UiPath.CoreIpc.IOHelpers.WithTimeout[TResult](IEnumerable1 cancellationTokens, TimeSpan timeout, Func2 func, String message, Func`2 exceptionHandler)

1 Like

Based on the image, it looks like the robot is not yet connected to the machine

Can you please ensure the below points

—make sure you have entered the right machine key in your robot assistant

— You can confirm the URL of the instance of orchestrator your machine is connected to by opening the robot settings window from the robot tray icon.

Once confirmed, login to that instance of Orchestrator and check a Machine has been created that matches your machine name (can also be seen from the robot settings window, opened from the tray icon). Check the machine key in orchestrator matches the machine key in the robot settings window. If not, copy the machine key from orchestrator and paste it into the robot settings window.

Next, check a robot has been created for your machine name with the same Username and Password as your machine.

Cheers @bean

Hi @Palaniyappan

Thanks for your instructions. However, I am still unable to resolve the error. Could we have a call if you are available? I will send you a web meeting invitation. Appreciate it.

1 Like

I m currently in office premise
Won’t be able to connect I believe

So can I some screenshots of the
machine tab
Robot tab
UiPath assistant

@bean

Hi @Palaniyappan

Ok noted, could you drop me a message when you are out of office and also ping me your email address?

I will send you the meeting invitation if that is alright for you, where I will also share with you my screen.

Appreciate your support.

1 Like

Hi @Palaniyappan

I have copied this machine key from my cloud orchestrator “https://cloud.uipath.com/
I only have 1 machine created here

And this machine key matches with my machine key in UiPath Assistant.

But I still get the error message - why is this so?

Thanks.

Hi @Palaniyappan

I created a new machine and updated the machine key. Now the error message is different.

Could you advise? Thanks

1 Like

Superb
Pls check this thread

Cheers @bean

Hi @Palaniyappan

Thanks for your guidance. Could you advise what should I select here when creating my robot?

Thanks.

Unattended
@bean

Hi @Palaniyappan

Ok thanks, but I didn’t understand this part. Could you share how to identify my domain\username or hostname\username?

Thanks

We can check this in robot tab of orchestrator
Where search for your robot
@bean

Hi @Palaniyappan I don’t know what to insert into my domain\username and password.

Currently it’s still orange. Could you help?

1 Like

Fine
Go to cmd if your machine and type as whoami

This will give you the domain and username

@bean

Hi @Palaniyappan

I already updated my domain\username and password, but why my light is still orange and “robot does not exist”? What else should I do?

Thanks

Hi @Palaniyappan

It’s working now! I had to sign out of UiPath Assistant - is this the right way though?

Yeah disconnecting and reconnecting the robot will work at times

@bean
Glad it got you resolved

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.