Unable to see the Edit Variable value in Test Activity

Hi, I am unable to see the Edit variable value option, while I right-click the Test Activity, It is showing Edit option is disabled in Read Mode. So how to Enable it.

@Palaniyappan

1 Like

Fine
is that process is getting executed and were we trying to change the value at that time
if so once the execution stops only then we can change
or
is that xaml is in zipped folder not been extracted before which we tried to change the value
if so extract the files and try once
Cheers @balkishan

1 Like

Just for testing,
I created two activity.
In the first activity write. I written “test”. So I click on this activity and right click and press Test Activity.

Like this.

So I want to know, when can we change the value of variable, Is it for particular activity.

where I can add the variable value.

1 Like

@balkishan This Activity works only for a specific activity right click on the Activity you want to test and click on test activity and in the locals window double click on the variable you are testing .image You will be able to edit that. try testing with a Assign Activity.

1 Like

Fine
usually TEST activity will be used in places where we have arguments or variables
kindly use a variable in writelne and try once

But still i see like the main xaml is in read only mode
is the project folder of that xaml is not yet extracted from the zipped folder

Cheers @balkishan

1 Like

First I assigned the var1 = 10
Then right click and press Test Activity.
On the Left side I put 35, but if I continue it, how do I know wheather the value is changed or not.

No bro, It’s not a project folder. I create the single xaml for test. project doesn’t in any zip file. That’s what I want to why it’s showing me in Read Only mode.

1 Like

It doesn’t display the new value

when I press the step into (f11)
It finally show me this .
No new value display.

@Palaniyappan

You didn’t understand what i said I said when you change the value to “X” in locals window since you are using assign activity your older value should be re-assigned if you want to test pass this as a value to do some manipulation not in the assign activity.

1 Like

That’s what I did bro. first I assigned the value 10.
In this Test Activity I assigned 50 after that I use the write line just to check wheather it’s printing 10 or 50, but it doesn’t print any value. then how do I know it’s taking the 10 or 50.

You have to test the write line activity , it is printing for me.

1 Like

That’s what I want to know, It’s not printing, even I gave the message box also but didn’t work.

I tried with Click Continue, Step Into and press f11 non of showing any printing new value…