Unable to read gmail inbox content using GET IMAP mail messages

email
activities

HI ,

I have configured to access my Gmail inbox account using GET IMAP mail messages. I got the following error message.

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refusing it.
weblogin required.

mail folder: "Inbox"
Port :993
server: "imap.gmail.com"
mail : x@gmail.com
password…

Can you please help to resolve the problem.

Thanks
Jay,

hi jay

are you sure your email account is set to have IMAP enabled?

Hi ,

yes my email ID is IMAP enabled. Do we face any problem due to proxy settings?

Thanks
Jay,

the error you have posted here its not an Uipath one, but GMail`s. please check that you have access to port 993 on the machine where the workflow is run.

Hi ,

How to check whether I have access to the port 993 or not.
Do u have any idea? please help?

Thanks
Jay,

Hi,

could you please try with this port 143?
because incoming mail are 143 and 993 for IMAP accounts.

Thanks,
Pankaj

I’m having the exact same problem.
Followed all the suggestions and still have no clue where goes wrong.
Always the following error:
“Get IMAP mail messages : Web login required.”

BTW, I’ve tried to change the port to 143, giving me another error:
“Get IMAP mail messages : A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond xx.233.xx.108:143”

I’ve googled around and found this walk around:

Tried it with my own accounts, it worked.

Hi,

I’ve tried your workaround and it not working for me.
Can you help me to resolve the problem, please?

Thanks,
Marius

HI,
I am also facing the same issue,
Have you got the solution ???

Hi,
Your gmail security level might be high and you may have to allow access to less secure apps for uipath to login. You can find the option to reduce the security level by going to the security settings.

i followed all above steps but the problem is same

Did you try to use other mail activities and check whether you are facing the same issue @pro123456

Got trouble with the same issue, but fixed it by change the switch under: https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps

I hope this helps

I am also facing the same issue tried to change the port number but still issue is coming.

Hi,

Iam getting the below error message.

Source: Get IMAP mail messages

Message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

Exception Type: SocketException

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
at UiPath.Mail.Activities.GetMailActivity.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

I’m facing the same issue frequently within the corporate network. I don’t know what’s wrong. Please share the solution if you have had done it ever.

Error :

Main has thrown an exception

Source: Send SMTP Mail Message

Message: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

Exception Type: IOException

System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Mail.Activities.SendMailActivity.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

I have the same issue too

Main has thrown an exception

Source: Get POP3 Mail Messages

Message: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Exception Type: IOException

System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Mail.Activities.GetMailActivity.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)

Please, can somebody provide idea how to fixed it?

I had the same problem with the activity Get IMAP mail messages and this works for me.