Unable to read files inside a zip folder

Hello UI Developers,

I am Unable to read a file which is Inside a zipped (.zip) folder. Error says file not found.

Can you help on this?

Note: I am trying to get size of file using FileInfo. Its working fine in a non zipped folder.

Hi
we need to unzip the folder first with INVOKE METHOD or with the package UiPathTeam.ArchiveLibActivity and then use Directory.GetFiles method to get the file we want

Cheers @Ravi_Chotaliya

But my requirement is such that I cannot unzip the folder. Then is there any way to get file properties inside that zip folder?

1 Like

sorry buddy
we need to unzip the folder else we wont be able to access file
and thats not even possible even when done manually, same does uipath
Cheers @Ravi_Chotaliya

Hi,
don’t sure I’ve understood correctly but if your need is retrieve just the size of the file maybe you could read it after “opening” (not unzipping) the compressed file:
can it help?

Yes, that will do. Just opening the zip Folder and reading the file size and I want to Implement this using UI Path.

@Ravi_Chotaliya,

Check this attached xaml, ZipFilesCheck.xaml (5.2 KB) I have tried with https://archive.codeplex.com/?p=DotNetZip, which is a open source component.

You can include that in UiPath using Package manage as shown below,

And in the Import section you need to import Ionic.Zip once package successfully included.

1 Like

Cool! its working. Thanx! @sarathi125

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.