Unable to Publish to Orchestrator from Studio (2019.8 Beta)

Yes, You haven’t created a environment @strqsr

Yes, create a environment and then assign the machine to a environment and then try @strqsr

I’ve tried that unfortunately it doesn’t work.

Which is strange because it should, well at least I think so

Can you restart studio and try @strqsr?

Post the screenshot of robot tray and the robots page :blush:

Hi! I’ve just restarted my Studio and it still gives me this error:

Everything seems to be connected:

I even created an environment:

Is your username and password is the windows credentials @strqsr?

The username will be the one you will get when you enter the command whoami in command prompt and password will be the windows password

Check this post

1 Like

Yes it is, I’ve followed the Orchestrator training.

May be the version conflicts @strqsr

1 Like

Version? I created my workflow with the new Beta version though

And check the orchestrator version @strqsr. I hope there will be issues with the versions of both. May be.

1 Like

Hi @strqsr

Check the version of both studio and orchestrator to see whether there are any conflicts or mismatches.

Additionally, try completely disconnecting the bot from orchestrator and connecting again. Then check whether you can publish it…

3 Likes

Thank you for your suggestions, really! But both my Orchestrator and Studio are up to date. I’ll try deleting my robot and environment first and re-doing the entire process. See if that could help.

1 Like

Yeah @strqsr

Now you are thinking as a developer :smile:. actually we developers have to do the same :stuck_out_tongue: … Or try once as @Lahiru.Fernando mentioned in the above post :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Lahiru.Fernando @HareeshMR Hey guys,

Thanks for the help, I’ve just tried everything and honestly I think it may be my project in itself.

I tried publishing other test dummies and it worked perfectly fine. But not for this project workflow unfortunately. Do you think it could be do to the size?

@strqsr

Just try comparing the project.json file of your project with the one’s that succeeded in publishing. May be some setting is different or something like that… Also just have a look at the dependencies as well… just in case :slight_smile:

Since you mentioned about the size, what’s really the size of your solution folder?

1 Like

The dependencies aren’t a lot to be honest, the size is bigger than my test dummies but smaller than a RFW. Apart from the studio version, the json is pretty much the same. I’m super stumped /:

@strqsr hmm… I really wonder what’s wrong… can you try this as well… I’m not too sure whether it will really work… just a hunch…

Get a backup of your project json file. And delete the file in your solution. Then double click and open tur main.xaml. This will create a fresh copy of the project json file. Then make sure the project do not have any errors and try publishing it

Let’s see whether it works…

2 Likes

I actually recreated my solution in another project changing some attributes of my variables and breaking them up. I

suspect it has to do with how I assigned a document to a variable which is causing the error, as after I changed it, it successfully uploaded into Orchestrator.

Previously I had a variable that was assigned FilePath = “xxx\xxx\xxx\xxx.pdf”
but I took out the xxx.pdf and just hardcoded it into the activity breaking it apart, becoming: FilePath + “xxx.pdf”.

Generally I didn’t think it should have an issue but alas, technology and coding has always unexpected challenges hahaha

Thank you so much for your help though!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.