Due to a certain system we use, which is most stable with Chrome, I had to automate a whole lot into this browser with extension.
After 5 months with stable code, the basic “open browser” seem to suddenly fail me. This is particulary bad since it’s the base of all automation within our online system.
Open browser Chrome, suddenly stays in background so selectors won’t work.
If I manually click anywhere before TimeoutMS - all the selectors work.
Once chrome is manually brought to foreground - everything works perfectly.
By being in the background I mean the icon is orange, the login page is still in foreground visually.
Reinstalled Chrome, extension, downgraded Chrome, upgraded Chrome, tried the Chrome 73 extension workaround.
I’ve tried workarounds such as “Activate”, “Maximize”, Minimize" etc. with little to no effect. I’ve even tried to send hotkeys to manually force chrome to the foreground.
I need Open Browser to open Chrome actively - not just visually with blinking orange icons.
Can you please provide your Studio version, UIAutomation.Activities pack version and Chrome version so we can try to reproduce?
Studio 2017, 1.6435 Enterprise Edition
W10 Pro 64-bit .NET 4.0.30319.42000
Chrome 74.0.3729.131 (64-bit)
Note that all the code works fine, except the open browser which had first error yesterday. It works if Chrome is already active (session running before Open browser - enable/disable new session has no effect) or if I click somewhere in the background.
Thought to check if updating remaining Activities could solve it - got an error.
Unable to update these atm:
Could you see my post here:
Could you make sure that you have this feed available in your Studio:
Thank you, but I am unable to use links in source, so I tried to link it to a web.config without any luck.
I am not sure if this is related to the most urgent issue with Chrome not being forced to foreground/workable. Would still be glad to fix this issue aswell.
See here for a detailed walk through for your version:
Local and Online Activities Feed Thus, depending on the parameters set in the NuGet.config file, that can be found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath Platform folder, you can configure both the offline and online locations from where activities...
After several failed attemps I did a clean reinstall, both windows and Uipath.
Thank you all for your help, but I think all my efforts and different “googled” solutions just made everything worse. All is good now!
This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.