Unable to move outlook mail message to folders within inbox for shared mailbox

I’m using 2019.4.3 version studio and my attended BOT is able to move the outlook mail message to folders within inbox for a shared folder for only one user in production and for other team members, when executed from the same desktop, it is throwing “The Specified Folder Does Not Exist” error.

Move mail message properties:

Account Name: Display name of the shared mailbox in outlook
Folder Name: Inbox\Processed or Inbox\Unprocessed

What I’m not able to understand is that, it works well for one user and not for other users. Can somebody provide some thoughts on this?

Hi @santhosh_krishna

Maybe you can attach some xaml or screenshot here to easily address the issue Many Thanks.

cheers :smiley:

Happy learning :smiley:

1 Like

Hello, @pattyricarte

Please find attached screenshot.

Following are the values, I’m passing as arguments to my move outlook mail message activity.

Account Name: PS Reports → Display name of the shared mailbox in outlook.
Folder Name: Inbox\Processed or Inbox\Unprocessed → Processed and Unprocessed are subfolders within Inbox.
Mail message: email → Mail message variable

This works for one user, but when executed from the same machine for another user, it throws up the error “Specified folder does not exist”

Thanks

2 Likes

I have been testing it since yesterday and it works fine for all users now, but still fails intermittently. There’s no property for me to provide “timeout” value for moving outlook mail messages, interested to know why?

@vvaidya @ovi any help on this team? It keeps reoccuring intermittently. Exception stack trace just says, “Specified Folder Does Not Exists”

Have you guys seen something like this before?

I am battling the same issue. I am able to reproduce the error if the Outlook view of the shared inbox is pointed to any of its subfolders. The error does not come up if Outlook view only highlights the top most level of the shared inbox.

Hi Santhosh,

I’m unable to understand much details with image you have provided. If you could attach xaml that might help.

Hello,
I was able to reproduce the error in my environment when one user of the shared inbox deletes, moves, or marks read an email from the shared inbox, if that email fits the parameters of messages the automation is supposed to move to another shared folder. Here is the try catch for the “move mail” that has allowed the bot to recover in that scenario, plus also added a “Close Outlook” and “Open Outlook” for the get mail activity try catch if that one fails.

Hi All,

I am struggling with this issue also. Any resolution ?

Hi Everyone,

I’m encountering this issue as well. Hope somebody can share resolution on this.

Thanks!

i figgured. in the Account property, you must type the common mailbox folder name (not email address), the same you use while reading emails from common mailbox.

then in the mailfolder, you put the display name of the subfolder.

i tried, working for me.