Unable to install Studio Community Edition

Installer(.exe or .msi): .exe

License type(Free, Trial/License code): Free

Studio/Robot version: 19.7.0

Current behavior: Installer doesn’t do anything most of the time, but after many tries, it was able to run but only to display an error log.

Screenshot:

I got the following error log when trying to install Community Edition Studio:

Log: 2019-08-14 12:07:47> Unhandled exception: System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
   at Splat.MemoizingMRUCache`2.InvalidateAll()
   at Splat.DefaultLogManager..ctor(IDependencyResolver dependencyResolver)
   at Splat.DependencyResolverMixins.<InitializeSplat>b__9()
   at Splat.ModernDependencyResolver.GetService(Type serviceType, String contract)
   at Splat.DependencyResolverMixins.GetService[T](IDependencyResolver This, String contract)
   at Splat.LogHost.Log[T](T This)
   at Squirrel.Update.Program.executeCommandLine(String[] args)
   at Squirrel.Update.Program.main(String[] args)
2019-08-14 12:25:10> Program: Starting Squirrel Updater: --install . --rerunningWithoutUAC
2019-08-14 12:25:10> Program: Starting install, writing to C:\Users\A100058773\AppData\Local\SquirrelTemp
2019-08-14 12:25:10> Program: RELEASES doesn't exist, creating it at C:\Users\A100058773\AppData\Local\SquirrelTemp\RELEASES
2019-08-14 12:25:10> Unhandled exception: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at Squirrel.Update.Program.<Install>d__4.MoveNext()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait()
   at Squirrel.Update.Program.executeCommandLine(String[] args)
   at Squirrel.Update.Program.main(String[] args)
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at Squirrel.Update.Program.<Install>d__4.MoveNext()<---

I downloaded the exe file twice to make sure it was not faulty.

I also downloaded the Enterprise Edition and that was installed successfully, but I don’t have a license and I don’t want the trial.

Thanks for any feedback!

1 Like

Hi @tremolo3

Welcome to the community!!!

Hi @loginerror

Over the time, I saw few posts similar to this. Those users were also saying that they could install the enterprise but not the community due to some error. Also I don’t think this is happening for everyone. Only some are facing this issue. Cannot remember whether it’s the same error or not, but I think it’s worth if you guys could take a look on this scenario to see what’s causing this… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Lahiru.Fernando,

Thanks for replying and for involving the right team(?).

1 Like

Hi @tremolo3

I believe you should still be able to license the Enterprise installation as Community Edition, as a workaround.

As to the error, could you provide more information about your system? I have googled the error code 0x8007000B and it might be something that could be fixed with some software updates (I think).