Unable to install 20.4 CE on Win7 64bit

After years of successfully installing CE, I uninstalled my Studio in response to a recent email regarding 20.4.

Neither version of CE 20.4 (stable or preview) will install. Unhelpfully, there are no error messages of any kind. The installer appears to change my color scheme to Win7 Basic, then fails.

My settings from %userprofile%\AppData\Local\UiPath are safely copied to another location, per instructions.

I have downloaded each version three times and attempted to install each twice (as Administrator and as a normal user). The result is always the same.

Perhaps a reboot is required, which I will attempt now. I will also try on a Win10 machine, to see if perhaps support for Win7 is gone.

EDIT: Reboot did not solve anything on Win7 Pro 64-bit. CE installed on a Win10 machine (first install) without issue. RE-EDIT: I get a crash dump of approximately 442kb (varies each time) when I attempt installation. No error messages are generated. I would be happy to provide a UiPathStudioSetup.exe.****.dmp file if it would be of any use.

Regards,
burque505

Hi,

If you have stable version of 2019.10, just install it and the version will be auto upgraded.
You don’t have to install or do anything to upgrade you studio 20.4.

I will check a fresh installation and will update accordingly.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi, @Anil_choudhary, Here’s what I ended up doing.

• Backed up %userprofile%\AppData\Local\UiPath to a safe location;
  • Uninstalled app-19.10.2
  • Rebooted
  • Restored the previously backed-up files to original location
  • Deleted all license information in %userprofile%\AppData\Local\UiPath\license
  • Ran UiPath.Studio.exe from the folder app-19.10.2; this did not give any indication there was an upgrade, but a folder app-20.4.0 was created in %userprofile%\AppData\Local\UiPath\
  • Deleted all license information again, after manually stopping the UiPath service
  • Ran UiPath.Studio.exe from the folder app-20.4.0, acquiring a new license and sending a shortcut to my desktop

I had to use a file unlocker to delete the license information. There was no indication from within Studio that an upgraded app folder had been created.

Thank you for your suggestions, which were helpful. The installer worked fine for a fresh install on Win10, but was quite disappointing on Win7, considering I followed the instructions received.

Regards,
burque505